just checking the status of which big games are locked out

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by brollikk, Apr 16, 2018.

1. brollikk
    OP

brollikk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    I was looking into the ps4 hacking scene and it looks like 4.55 is the highest supported at the moment. What are some big games that require higher firmware that we are just currently unable to play using a backup?

weatMod likes this.
  2. TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2017
    United States
    I would be surprised if an unsupported list hasn't already been made somewhere, would be useful, as I'm kinda wondering the same thing.

As a rough estimate, 4.70 came out May of 2017, so you can guess that most games released after that will not be supported.

Last edited by TheRealNGB, Apr 16, 2018
  3. ps4best

ps4best Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2018
    Iran
    what come in my mind is
    shadow of the colossus
    assassins creed origins
    monster hunter world (offline)
    far cry 5
    and many other great games
    this is reason of people hype for 5.05

4. ip60

ip60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    many many games

honestly a hacked ps4 isn't worth it right now, can't play many games, and no homebrew scene

5. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by KiiWii, Apr 16, 2018
    mech, Subtle Demise, peteruk and 3 others like this.
  6. Mo Poge

Mo Poge Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I think that list is a little outdated. The list over at HAX shows over 500 PS4 games and 250+ PS2 games (packaged for PS4, hundreds more if you have access to the original ISOs).

Subtle Demise and KiiWii like this.
  7. brollikk
    OP

brollikk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    hm... ok. I think i'm going to just wait until the ps4 has been out for longer. I have a current firmware ps4 just for online games. Was considering getting another for homebrew.

8. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Anything that can run while 5.50 is spoofed i believe.5.53 is out so i think games like god of war cant run yet.

9. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I read today that the new God fo War game's min version is 5.05 so that should be playable if that hack drops..

10. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I agree about homebrew but there's over 6 TB of games out there to try.

Subtle Demise and KiiWii like this.
  11. ip60

ip60 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    A Nes and Snes emulator doesn't interest me...I have those on 7 different devices already. I want N64 Dreamcast PS1 Saturn Gamecube none of which will ever happen which makes this completely useless for homebrew.

The homebrew scene on consoles is dead, has been for a while. It's mostly just piracy now.

12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Lol dude youre setting your standards too high and therefore homebrew on ps4, right now, is not for you.

Man: people make chip8 msx and nes (8bit) emulators, they start low demand and build up to push the systems homebrew capability.

Why dont you use the HOMEBREW linux loader to run dolphin and whatever other emulators you can run on linux through your useless ps4...

13. Noizetank

Noizetank Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Why dont you try making some homebrews instead of bitching about it. The 'scene' is still relatively new so things will happen eventually.

Saturn will likely never be emulated as it was a pig of a machine architecture wise, even developers had issues with it back in the day, and i love the saturn.
    Most emulators for pc struggle to perform well.
    N64 PS1 DC and cube may be possible but people have to learn how to get things to work first otherwise we would just have POC or broken HB that will wreck the scene in the long run.

14. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Id like to see more xmb mods for the ps4,such as custom waves and changing the coldboot logo.What if you could also theme the menu bar that pops up when holding the ps button,that would be nice.