Homebrew Just bricked my new 3ds. Is there anything I can do???

YourDad1902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to revert my hacking of my 3ds, it was going fine til the eshop just completely stopped loading. After that I tried formatting my new 3ds to see if it would make the problem go away, only to have it freeze up I turned it off while formatting it and when I turned it on again it would just go to a completely black screen. I tried doing the recovery mode twice but it just ended up freezing when I went to set up an internet connection. It won't even go into recovery mode anymore. Is there anything I can do???? Can nintendo fix a problem like this or should I just go out and buy another new 3ds and call it a day?

Manlydonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was trying to revert my hacking of my 3ds, it was going fine til the eshop just completely stopped loading. After that I tried formatting my new 3ds to see if it would make the problem go away, only to have it freeze up I turned it off while formatting it and when I turned it on again it would just go to a completely black screen. I tried doing the recovery mode twice but it just ended up freezing when I went to set up an internet connection. It won't even go into recovery mode anymore. Is there anything I can do???? Can nintendo fix a problem like this or should I just go out and buy another new 3ds and call it a day?
Does the blue LED stay on once you've booted it up? If so, it's a full brick. You MIGHT be able to recover it with a NAND backup if you still have A9LH, otherwise hardmod might be the only way.

YourDad1902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the blue light is staying on. I'm sure I deleted it, but I can still boot up luma which is weird to me, who could hardmod the system for me??

YourDad1902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because I probably bricked it from something that had to do with hacking, so I want to remove all of the hacked data in my 3ds

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, so my question now is how do I revert my 3ds to vanilla without all these hacks??

because I probably bricked it from something that had to do with hacking, so I want to remove all of the hacked data in my 3ds
but the reason you bricked is

I turned it off while formatting it and when I turned it on again it would just go to a completely black screen.
when you should have come here with a question about
eshop just completely stopped loading

YourDad1902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you are right you are right. So THe problem I was having before was like I couldn't download stuff that I normally could've off of my 3ds, which is why I formatted it. I was getting error codes, keeping me from downloading games from the eshop and connecting to the nnid

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now whenever I go into internet settings it freeze

omegazeroINFI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, formatting really should never have been your option in the first place. by doing that, im fairly certain your nintendo 3ds folder contents became dead weight on the sd card unless restoring a nand backup fixes that.

edit: what kind of error codes did you get?

YourDad1902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what can I do??? my 3ds is working fine, but I just can't get it to update, or connect to the eshop, or change any internet settings. Honestly I'm just looking for a way to delete all the files I've put on it and just restore it to vanilla, cause all of this stuff is too much for me to handle/understand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s