Gaming Just bought the Xbox Pro 20 gig for $299 at Best Buy

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy the rechargeable battery pack for the remote, plus an extra wireless remote for my son and I to play two player. Anything else I should be getting? Should I get that fan thing that keeps it cool?

Thanks guys, Im SO excited
grog.gif

unduthegun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fischju said:
Make sure to get the HD DVD player
Don't pay 200 dollars for that, buy it only if it's really cheap and you are interested in any movies released in that format, because there won't be anu more released, HD-DVD is dead right now

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
Should I get that fan thing that keeps it cool?
No.

It only caused problems for my friend.

Just make sure there is air flow where its placed. IE, don't place it on top of other electronics in a crowded space.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Yeh no need for the fan

Most fans arn't needed for newer consoles with the new motherboard in them, I got a benq drive back in feb and cool to the touch even after 8 hrs straight play, so if it's a new 360, should have a better cooling then the older ones.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was half serious about the HD DVD player. If you can get one for $40-$50 or less, go for it, because most HD DVDs are $11-13 now

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can just hook up a USB keyboard instead of a messenger pad thing. Keyboards are way cheaper, I got a white keyboard for $4 and works great with my 360
biggrin.gif

Also you can use fans if they draw power from AC outlet directly. Don't use USB powered fans because basically you're adding heat and cooling down at the same time. You don't need fans that can be mounted on the 360, just any device that can circulate hot air around 360 will work. (Heck, even opening a window is an effective way of cooling)

HD-DVD add-on is a joke.

MS overpriced every single optional accessory (and some that are practically a must) and it's better to use alternatives wherever you see fit.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, only one of the fans that first came out for 360 should have caused problems. And Nyko has fixed that one. They're also releasing a new one that I think does use an AC adapter for both 360 and PS3. I've heard people say their 360 doesn't even get warm with their old fixed versions. I'm probably going to get that AC adapter one(or do some more modifications) seeing as how I've voided my warranty and would like to worry less about heat issues.

Some 360 accessories are cheap on ebay, but most are not by much.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Must have accessories for the Xbox 360. Hm, let me think, let me think... oh, how about a warranty?
laugh.gif

But seriously, I kid, I love the 360, just wanted to make that joke (which admittedly somewhat true).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
I was half serious about the HD DVD player. If you can get one for $40-$50 or less, go for it, because most HD DVDs are $11-13 now
but still why bother with it?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you should have asked if he wants 1080P movies before recommending?

Not all PS3 owners watch BD movies when BD playback always comes with the console. I don't think all 360 buyers will want to get a HD-DVD addon just because they can save money on HD-DVD movies.

Given that he wants 1080P movies, brand new sealed HD-DVD addon is $40-$50, and brand new sealed HD-DVD movies are $12, I think that's recommendable. But if they are second-hand prices, the prices seem too average.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get the play & Charge. It is a fantastic accessories. Also a better headset and and a keyboard incase you don't want to spend ages on typing out a gamertag or message (most usb keyboards work or you can use to expensive rip off keyboard which fits to your controller)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1