Just bought the new xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Joktan, Aug 20, 2010.

Aug 20, 2010

Just bought the new xbox 360 by Joktan at 4:36 PM (935 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Joktan
    OP

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok so on the gamestop website it said that the 360 comes with a month free subscription to xbox live gold.what does the card look like?I can't find it.I found a way to get a free month but I want the card so I get two months free.I think the old 360 could play xbox games,does the new one do that?I kinda want to play kotor again.I will prob ask more later. Thanks in advance.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Backwards compatibility was never dropped but it has not been updated in several years now. Kotors 1 and 2 should work but be prepared for the odd issue (mainly with audio), the PC versions are probably the better bet.

Not sure about the cards but the free months usually arise as part of the gamertag and then the xbox (you can have up to three months by switching gamertages/creating new accounts if memory serves and it probably does not here).

3. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    All new boxes come with a one month sub to gold. You make a silver account and then it offers you the one month free. That's it, there is no card.

4. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah when your making an account it asks you if you want to buy gold and if you say no it says your eligible for a one month trial

5. Joktan
    OP

Member Joktan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok that's kinda stupid not to give a card if it says there is one .but yea that's what I did to get a month.guess when it runs out I have to get a new one.but yea I guess I will ask my bro about some xbox things when he comes over tomorrow.