Just bought my first PS2 (SCPH-30001), wat do?

codenameTOSTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codenametostr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I'm total n00b to the PS2, I just bought my first one today, and I'm looking to add a hard drive, FreeMCBoot, everything in the future. I was wondering if someone could help to send me in the right direction for what kind of hard drive I should buy, and what I'll need so that I can play backups. I've seen listings on eBay for a memory card with FreeMCBoot on it, and I've heard that only the 8MB versions work on 30001 PS2s but idk.

Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can install FreeMCBoot on larger MCs and /or on Chinese made ones..
About what you should need, is to get a SATA to IDE adapter and an OEM IDE network adapter if you don't have one already, there are some brands like the Gamestar that have sata but they do not have the ethernet port..
Any hdd (or ssd) will work, i think opl supports up to 2TB..

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning,Sir.:)

I think you can install FreeMCBoot on larger MCs and /or on Chinese made ones..
About what you should need, is to get a SATA to IDE adapter and an OEM IDE network adapter if you don't have one already, there are some brands like the Gamestar that have sata but they do not have the ethernet port..
Any hdd (or ssd) will work, i think opl supports up to 2TB..
Correct.:)

As Alternative you can also install FreeHD Boot.
Advantage - No modded PlayStation 2 is needed or Exploit to get the FreeMC Boot Install Package Files on the Memory Card,just write the Image directly to the HDD and that´s it - No Memory Card is longer needed to boot up.Works with original and 3rd Party HDD Adapters.

Also you can save on the HDD - 99 % of the PlayStation 2 Games are working with that Feature.

For the HDD depending which HDD Adapter you can get,an IDE or SATA HDD up to 2 TB.
Please try to avoid SSD´s you get no really benefit of it.

ps2-home.com hosts Noob (Starter All in One) Packages for FreeMC Boot and FreeHD Boot and all needed Guides.

Thank you.
Have a very nice Day,Sir.😊

codenameTOSTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codenametostr.com
XP
Country
United States
Good Morning,Sir.:)

Correct.:)

As Alternative you can also install FreeHD Boot.
Advantage - No modded PlayStation 2 is needed or Exploit to get the FreeMC Boot Install Package Files on the Memory Card,just write the Image directly to the HDD and that´s it - No Memory Card is longer needed to boot up.Works with original and 3rd Party HDD Adapters.

Also you can save on the HDD - 99 % of the PlayStation 2 Games are working with that Feature.

For the HDD depending which HDD Adapter you can get,an IDE or SATA HDD up to 2 TB.
Please try to avoid SSD´s you get no really benefit of it.

ps2-home.com hosts Noob (Starter All in One) Packages for FreeMC Boot and FreeHD Boot and all needed Guides.

Thank you.
Have a very nice Day,Sir.😊

Thank you very much! I'll look into the starter packages. I can't wait to start playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.