Just bought Gold R4i V1.4.5 Edition for Nintendo 3DS and worried that

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Vestrill, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Vestrill
    OP

Vestrill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    it will not work on my Nintendo DS Lite

Okay so I got all the Nintendo DS and 3DS games I want (legit copies) but really want to play GBA on a handheld again. I bought the EZ Flash Vi, it lasted a week and stopped working. So now I want to try the 4Ri Gold but I accidentally purchased the 3DS version so here are my questions.

1. Will the R4i Gold 3DS flash cart work on my DS Lite?
    2. Can you play GBA games on it if it does
    3. If answer to question 1 is no and question 2 is yes then will I need to load a custom homebrew on my 3DS to run GBA games from the Flashcart?

Preferably I would like to play GBA games on my DS Lite that I bought for the soul purpose of being a dedicated GBA emu handheld. EZ Flash has failed me and I am hoping for that R4i will come through.

Thanks in advance guys/gals

2. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    1. Yes
    2. Perhaps, with homebrew emulators, but I don't know about their quality.
    3. N/A :P

3. Vestrill
    OP

Vestrill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    I guess the only alternative is to get the DSTwo Card but that costs R850 (60.54$) in my country which is ridiculously expensive. I will read up some more before I make any decisions. Thanks :)

4. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    You can still look on Google if there are any good HB GBA emus for Slot-1 flashcarts... Still, the DSTwo is indeed more practical for that purpose since it has a small built-in CPU to handle emulators. But you can still look for some Slot-2 flashcarts ;)

5. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    I would really go for another GBA flashcart even if its an old second hand one...
    I have a DS Two and it kinda works for GBA but i wouldn't pay just for that feature.

Last edited by tatumanu, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Vestrill
    OP

Vestrill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
  7. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2010
  8. Vestrill
    OP

Vestrill Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    This actually seems quite legit thank you. I will try it with my R4i Card that I (hopefully) get next week. This is exactly what i am looking for

9. JimmyZ

JimmyZ Sarcastic Troll

Apr 2, 2009
    Zimbabwe
    if you have 3DS with CFW, I think VC injection offers the best experience.