Just bought EZ-FLASH V expansion pack

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by misticknight, Sep 1, 2007.

Sep 1, 2007
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    can someone link me to all the software i'd need to use this flashcard and anything important that i need to know. i bought it cause i'm tired of my Supercard Lite having the SD card sticking out, it makes the DS look so ugly. hope i done the right thing and it's a good cart.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    No links - I'm fairly sure everything you need is in the download section on this site, I'll just name them.

You will need either Rudolph's 3in1 Tool, GBALdr or NDStation to flash games to the 3in1. 3in1 Tool and NDStation both support running games from PSRAM, which is a fast and effective solution to run games under 128mbits. You can read more about them in various threads or websites, however it is generally recommended you use Rudolph's Tool for the best overall package, or if you want to support one of our very own (chuckstudios), use NDStation, which packages a GBA rom into an NDS rom. GBALdr supports skins, so you can make it look pretty. The choice is down to you in the end.

That would be pretty much all you need. There is an IPS patch for the 3in1 easily found stickied on the Sosuke forums, same with the rumble patch.

3. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    nice thanks for the information. just 2 more questions though, can you just give me details on like how long the battery life lasts playing GBA games on the card, and also, you said GBALdr supports skins, can you just link me to a site that has some i searched on google and couldn't find anything.

4. 4saken

Australia
    There should be some skins posted on the Sosuke forums, or you can make your own. About the battery, you mean the DS battery, or the internal 3in1 batteries? If it's the latter, you shouldn't be worrying about it for a looong time

5. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    nah i meant the DS batteries, like how much would it last on a full charge, i think with SCLite it's only 8 hours.

6. 4saken

Australia
    fat DS? It all depends. It SHOULD last longer than the SCLite

7. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    nah DS Lite, but are you sure i'd get more battery life than the SCLite i mean this one has rumble and everything.

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    The EZ 3-in-1 isn't going to make a significant dent in your battery life while playing GBA on it... Nor will rumble function w/ GBA games, only DS games.

What slot 1 cart are you using?

9. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    R4. it is compatible with it isn't it?

10. sdcheekz

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
  11. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Here is a link for the wiki for the EZ 3in1, which might answer alot of other questions you might have.

12. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    not meaning to hijack this thread but i've ordered an EZ Flash 3 in 1 and i'm wondering if with the R4 and Rudolphs 3 in 1 tool do you have to patch all the games with rumble for them to work?

13. 4saken

Australia
    You can either patch the games, or soft reset from Rudolph's 3in1 Tool.

14. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Just one more question i didn't find the answer to on that Wiki i was linked to, how much saves can i store at a time on the card itself?

oh forgot to mention, i'm thinkign of using NDStation and loading the games through that.