Just bought Acekard 2i and Cant get it to work. So MAD!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by mallow_cup, Sep 4, 2011.

1. mallow_cup
    OP

Newcomer mallow_cup Member

United States
    First off Im an uber noob when it comes to these cards.

I've followed directions and youtube videos on how to set this card up and I still cant get it to work....

I want to get it to work on my 1.4.3U Nintendo Dsi XL. I also have a ds lite that supposedly Im being told I need to update the card.

I've put the akaio 1.8.8 update on the card along with the ak2ifw update file on the card also and I put the card in my DSL and DSI XL and get the red bow but when I click on it I get a black screen with 'loading' in blue letters then it says the 'system file is missing.'

I dont know what Im doing wrong. Im so pissed off.

HELP!

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    sounds like you didn't set up akaio correctly. you should have an _aio folder and akmenu4.nds file in the root (top most directory) of you rmicro sd card.

because you see the current icon in the ds firmware it means your bootloader was probably installed correctly. there is no need for you to update it so you can remove the update .nds file from your micro sd card.

double check your akaio install and make sure your micro sd card is seated properly. i've had that same error and reseating the micro sd card fixed it.

if your acekard is one with the new anti-counterfeit code make sure you verify it on their website: www.acekard.com. there are a lot of 1:1 clones going around right now and you want to make sure you didn't get one.

-another world

3. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    OK well I checked and the card is legit.

I tried deleting everything and starting again and Im still getting the same error. 'System File is Missing'

WTF!!! Arrgh lol

I formatted the 2gb Sandisk MicroSD card.

On the root menu is a folder __aio and akmenu4.nds

What exactly is the System File? lol Sorry such a noob.

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    well im prettry sure im wrong but uh.. system files are what tells whatever to do like in winxp it says these file are hidden the first time you use it correct me if i wrong
    beside did you put just the folder or everything inside the folder there must be everything inside

5. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    The __aio folder has a bunch of crap in it.

ak2loader
    cheats
    fonts
    frames
    icons
    language
    loaders
    plugin
    ui
    ak
    ak2_sd.dldi
    Lastsave
    poweroff
    rpg_nand.dldi
    rpg_sd.dldi
    Savelist.bin
    sdlist

Am I supposed to put something else in the __aio folder?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Did you put it all in a folder called root or did you just drag the file/folder to the SD card? Just checking to make sure you didn't do the former.

If that's not the case, try using another SD card, sometimes that is the problem.

7. mallow_cup
    OP

United States

No they are not in a folder called root. Just the __aio folder and the .nds file on the root of the sd card.

I put the card in my comp. Click e drive and there is the __aio folder and .nds file. I will try another sd card. Brb lol

8. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Alright just making sure, you'd have no idea how often I've seen that problem lol. Try downloading AKAIO 1.8.7 and try that if the other SD card doesn't work.

9. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    Ok so I am an idiot. The company that I bought the card from send me a flash drive to use with the sd micro card so I used it. I normally use the flat Micro SD card that slides into a small port on the front of my laptop and come to find out I had the card with another sd card in that port. So all the while Im getting mad because I was trying to set up 2 SD cards at the same time. ARGHH..

Thanks all for your help. I apologize for wasting your time but you helped out a ton.

10. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    so that means you lost all the data on your other sd card?

11. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    Nope. Apparently the one in the flash drive wasn't even being changed but the one in the flat adapter was which was blank to begin with. All my games and stuff were on another sd card. Confusing. lol.

Now I have to ask... I've seen some youtube videos with something called moonshell and something called sakura. Anyone care to share what they are and what they do and if I need them?

12. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've done the exact same thing when flashing acekard bootloaders. i've had more than a few in front of me and i'll get confused and forget which one i flashed =P

i'm glad you got it sorted.

-another world

13. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    Yea I knew it was gonna be tough because Im really just getting my foot in the door with flashcarts. So everything is so confusing. I just didn't expect for myself to get in my own way. Thanks again for your help.

14. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Try using the panasonic sd card formatter too, i had the same missing system files error with my ak 2i and formatted my card with the panasonic thing, put the akaio files back on and it worked.