Hacking just bought a new wiikey, need help

Ixrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently just bought a new wiikey (i'm assuming it has the latest firmware.)

latest wii firmware (3.1)

I read on the forums, and it said that the wii will not read config 1.3 disk, unless I turn the region override on. But isn't the config disk supposed to do that?

I'm thinking about using a hexed 1.2 and then run config 1.2, enable region override, then run 1.3. (i don't have a gamecube controller)

^would that work? if not, I'll try to find a gamecube controller
frown.gif

If the wiikey firmware is 1.9, then would the 1.2 config disks work?

Can I used a hexed 1.2 then put in the 1.3 disk?

Is there a hexed 1.3?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently just bought a new wiikey (i'm assuming it has the latest firmware.)

First, you shouldn't assume it's the latest firmware.
II read on the forums, and it said that the wii will not read config 1.3 disk, unless I turn the region override on. But isn't the config disk supposed to do that?

Second, I don't think it's ever been mentioned that region free had anything to do with this problem. What forum did you read this on?
QUOTE(Ixrs @ Jan 19 2008, 10:55 PM)If the wiikey firmware is 1.9, then would the 1.2 config disks work?
Third, the config discs were not working due to a Wii update, not a modchip's. And 1.3 should work on all Wii firmware versions. (not sure about 1.3 working on Wiikey firmwares lower than 1.9)

And you can use the reset button for the config disc instead of a GC controller.

Edit: I'm actually sorta confused on what files are out now because the Wiikey site is gone. I remember Wiikey released working versions for all their discs. And I guess that Wiinewz thread is also part of what's confusing me.

Ixrs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys so much.

I think I read the thing on how a 1.3 config disk will work with region override here:
Code:
http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wiikey_Configuration_disc

either that, or somewhere else.

It seems like I HAVE to use a GCOS disk, seraph. So I can't use the reset button?

Will using the hexed 1.2 disk allow me to swap for a 1.3 config disk?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you installed your Wiikey yet? If I'm not mistaken, the 1.9 firmware update and the 1.3 config disc released after the 3.x blocking issues were solved/fixed. I don't ever remember reading about having to turn on region free to run config discs either...(what does region free even have to do with it?) I suggest you just try updating to a 1.9 firmware(since you're probably going to do so eventually) and try the 1.3 config disc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yeh, for some strange reason, 'region free' must be on for the config discs to boot unaided, when the wii is at ver 3.x firmware.

If it's off then the Gcos version or a hex-edited swap-disc must be used to boot the configuration discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1