Just bought a G6 4G: Chinese interface = Chinese version?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Schizoanalysis, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    So,

I just bought a G6 4G (yes, I know, they are sold out everywhere, but I found 1 for sale)...

And I installed the Multi-language U-disk software on my PC, and put a few games on there...

And the interface language on the cart is Chinese... I have been reading that this can not be changed... and presumably I have the Chinese version...

But does anyone know more about this? I am not so familiar with G6

Thanks for reading!

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    try deleting all the files off the card and install the latest version of touchpod from handheldsources....click this link, I believe the g6 uses the same firmware as the m3 and on the m3 it asks you which language you want to use when it starts. So when you boot it up you should be able to pick english.

3. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Hi,

Sorry -- I should have made that clearer... it is the G6 Lite... the slot 2 / GBA flash cart...

4. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If the interface is in chinese then you a chinese version of the card. Some small hardware difference exists. It is probably minor like a fuse or a small thin film resistor soldered to certain pins. Do not attempt to load the english firmware.