Gaming Just bought a bootleg game, how bad is it?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best real tests I know are:
- Look inside at the pin area. Do you see pins that go all the way back into the plastic? - Fake
- Look inside at the pin area. Can you see  NINTENDO 2001? - No? Fake.
- Look at the cart plastic. Is the coloring off and not in a yellowing plastic way? - Fake
- Look at the cart plastic. Is the molding wrong on the edges or the font saying Gameboy Advance looks off or says something else - Obvious fake
- Look at the sticker. Is the ESRB, Seal, Nintendo logo, publisher and developer logos look wrong, missing, or otherwise altered - Fake
- Look at the sticker. Is the sticker art of cheaper quality, image stretched out, look like it ran off a desk jet printer? - Fake
- Check the back with the screw. Is the screw philips or some other non-security bit - Fake again.

Those are the benchmarks of a fake or tampered with cart you should avoid.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Jax said:
I bought a FFVI Advance cart a few months back on eBay and it turned out to be a bootleg (It had FFIV characters on the label
tongue.gif
).
Huh, we must have bought from the same person
gbasp.gif

The best, easiest way to check is checking the back where it has 'Nintendo' and the model #(AGB-002, I think). If the font is off ore the model # is wrong(like the FFVI cart I got said AGB-033
rolleyes.gif
), or comparing the labels to actual pictures, either online or at a GameStop, where I have yet to buy a fake game. And I buy there a lot.

Surprisingly, some of my first GBA games I got were bootlegs; I didn't even realize my Harry Potter:CoS game was until about a month ago after having it for near 4 years.
lol do i have to say it
the same thing happened to me
but it saves perfectly
when i opened it i first thought it was FFIV...damn it stupid seller....wrong game
but no i think people cant tell the difference between FFIV and FFVI
grog.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jack-Of-Trades said:
Easy way to tell even nintendo has a section on there site about it

1.If the screw holding it together is Philip's Head it's Fake
2. If you open it and see something that looks like a battery it's fake (Nintendo uses different method's for RTC )

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I remember my brother got a bootleg version of Orge Battle for GBA. It was a Mode 7 release. He didn't mind though its was good, the save never corrupted or anything. He thought It was cool that he got a bootleg version lol, he got it for like $5.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so maybe you bought a bootleg, did you check yet if it is a slot2 flash kit? you might have just got your moneys worth if it is. i picked up a few of those 50-in-1 and 90-in-1 gba carts in china town (downtown LA). some were just a bunch of demos and hacks, but the 90-in-1 was actually a flashadvance. i got my money out of it, i've used it for years afterwards for homebrew.

-another world

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
so maybe you bought a bootleg, did you check yet if it is a slot2 flash kit? you might have just got your moneys worth if it is. i picked up a few of those 50-in-1 and 90-in-1 gba carts in china town (downtown LA). some were just a bunch of demos and hacks, but the 90-in-1 was actually a flashadvance. i got my money out of it, i've used it for years afterwards for homebrew.

-another world
There is a 48-in-1 GBA game in a shop near me,fairly cheap.Is it worth picking up?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pilotwangs said:
Another World said:

-another world
There is a 48-in-1 GBA game in a shop near me,fairly cheap.Is it worth picking up?
Probably not.

JSalcedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pilotwangs said:
Another World said:

-another world
Most likely it will have like 3 GBA games and the rest will be shitty nes games lol so don't even bother.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM