Just bought a Acekard 2.1 for DS Lite..how to save?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by volcanorar, Mar 20, 2010.

1. volcanorar
    OP

Newcomer volcanorar Member

United States
    Well, I just bought an AceKard 2.1 from leetmod.com, apparantly its a legit site and I removed the sticker and it just flat, no sign of Actel chip.

Basically, I had a few problems using the AKAIO latest 1.6 firmware with playing games. When I selected my ROM the Blue Loading word turned green and the game was just frozen.

So I gave up on AKAIO and decided to use the offcial Acekard firmware. Games work fine on this firmware. However, the games will not save? Take mariokart for example, I finish a few races, save my times etc. But everytime I start Mariokart, it doesnt keep my records/medals it starts as if it was new.

Can anyone help me?

2. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    BAD BATCH... NEWCOMERS USE SEARCH... THX

Use Acekard system 4.07a15, till new oficial system will be released for BAD-BATCH-CARDS

3. volcanorar
    OP

United States
    bad batch? are you sure?
    is it fixable?

4. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Sure, because many people wrote here, that their card couldnt run AKAIO or cannot save, or cannot start ANY GAME... it is still the same problem...

Just wait... (or next time buy AK2i)

5. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    You got one of the many defective 2.1's. I guess that bad batch was bigger than anyone thought. I can't believe they're still selling them. So here's the deal. You can use Akaio 1.5 or the new yet to be released official firmware from team AK. Don't try to email AK they're not even responding to emails. A lot of people got the shaft on this one.

6. volcanorar
    OP

United States
    hi, do you know where i can DL 4.07a15, I dont see a link on acekard's site for old firmware.

Also, if this doesnt work ill just return it to leetmod and get a 2i. you sure 2i's dont have any of these problems?
    I tried AKAIO 1.5 and it doesnt work either.....well I tried 1.5.1 let me try 1.5

7. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Not any wide spread problems. Any problems reported are most likely from clones.

8. volcanorar
    OP

United States
    If I were to purchase a AceKArd 2i from leetmod, there is an option between choosing Firmware 1.3(For DSi 1.3U and lower) or Firmware 1.4 (For DSi 1.4U, 1.3U and lower) ( +$1.00 )

If I have no intention of buying a DSi, just keep my DS Lite is it better to get 1.4 or 1.3?

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Updating from 1.3 to 1.4 is nothing you can't do on your own.
    But for the $1, you save yourself the risk of a bad flash if you ever decide to update.

10. volcanorar
    OP

United States
    Thanks your solution has fixed this problem, but the AKAIO 1.5 does not work btw.

Anyhow, I found out leetmod doesnt cover return shipping fees and includes a restocking fee hmm...

I am in a tough decision: Should I keep using this old firmware and wait for a fix for the bad batches or do I pay all the fees and buy the AceKard 2i...

11. Datalogger

Member Datalogger Seeking to explain the IOSU for everyone to enjoy

United States
    Good luck if you decide to send it back.
    I sent one of these bad Acekard 2.1's back to ZeroShippingZone a few weeks ago and they claimed they never received it.
    Now I'm out the card and the funds on that one. (I bought a 2i from a different place already).

I asked at the postal office if there was a way to send it back and get a delivery confirmation and was told a price almost as much as the thing cost!

Bottom line, get the Acecard 2i, it's worth the extra couple bucks and read up on where you buy it from.
    There are unscrupulous dealers out there that send out known bad products..

12. leet

Newcomer leet Member

United States
    Leetmod is legit?!
    How long is the shipping?
    I live in Canada.
    Are the acekard real?

13. volcanorar
    OP

United States
    leetmod is legit
    3-5 day free shipping
    acekards are real
    shipping in canada might be longer, check it out

14. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no they are not clones i have one, they are defective and don't work with akaio at all u need 4.0.7

15. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Renowned... for being stupdily expensive. You would need the brain the size of a peanut to buy from them when you can buy much cheaper elsewhere, even from Canada!

Are you stupid? Leetmod want $16.99 + $1 for upgrading them and another $2.15 for shipping, you charge CAD$29.95 plus another CAD$4.95 for shipping.

Unless you are from an alternative reality where more expensive is better or where there's a very different CAD$ > US$ exchange rate, you are mad for spamming our forums with such rubbish.

16. random-passer-by

Newcomer random-passer-by Member

Niger
    Well, I think that is exactly the problem with those cards. Version 4.07 is very old, so it doesn't run many newer games with anti-piracy protection like M&L:BiS or Pokemon HG/SS, which we all want to be able to play.
    By the way, as your username suggests that you're affiliated with an online store that sells AceKards, were you by any chance informed by the AceKard team about the development of a new version of official firmware that supposedly fixes those save issues? I'm asking because there were reports that other stores (RealHotStuff, 0shippingzone) informed some of their customers about this upcoming firmware update, and I'd like to confirm this.

Thanks in advance

17. dingdongpogi

Newcomer dingdongpogi Member

United States
    Where can I buy Acekard 2.1 (not for DSi) cards? I believe it is still the best flashcart for the price ;p.. Unfortunately, it's no longer available in DealExteme [​IMG] Thanks in advance!