Hacking Just bought a Acekard 2.1 for DS Lite..how to save?

volcanorar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just bought an AceKard 2.1 from leetmod.com, apparantly its a legit site and I removed the sticker and it just flat, no sign of Actel chip.

Basically, I had a few problems using the AKAIO latest 1.6 firmware with playing games. When I selected my ROM the Blue Loading word turned green and the game was just frozen.

So I gave up on AKAIO and decided to use the offcial Acekard firmware. Games work fine on this firmware. However, the games will not save? Take mariokart for example, I finish a few races, save my times etc. But everytime I start Mariokart, it doesnt keep my records/medals it starts as if it was new.

Can anyone help me?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
BAD BATCH... NEWCOMERS USE SEARCH... THX

Use Acekard system 4.07a15, till new oficial system will be released for BAD-BATCH-CARDS

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, because many people wrote here, that their card couldnt run AKAIO or cannot save, or cannot start ANY GAME... it is still the same problem...

Just wait... (or next time buy AK2i)

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got one of the many defective 2.1's. I guess that bad batch was bigger than anyone thought. I can't believe they're still selling them. So here's the deal. You can use Akaio 1.5 or the new yet to be released official firmware from team AK. Don't try to email AK they're not even responding to emails. A lot of people got the shaft on this one.

volcanorar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, do you know where i can DL 4.07a15, I dont see a link on acekard's site for old firmware.

Also, if this doesnt work ill just return it to leetmod and get a 2i. you sure 2i's dont have any of these problems?
Pliskron said:
You got one of the many defective 2.1's. I guess that bad batch was bigger than anyone thought. I can't believe they're still selling them. So here's the deal. You can use Akaio 1.5 or the new yet to be released official firmware from team AK. Don't try to email AK they're not even responding to emails. A lot of people got the shaft on this one.
I tried AKAIO 1.5 and it doesnt work either.....well I tried 1.5.1 let me try 1.5

volcanorar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to purchase a AceKArd 2i from leetmod, there is an option between choosing Firmware 1.3(For DSi 1.3U and lower) or Firmware 1.4 (For DSi 1.4U, 1.3U and lower) ( +$1.00 )

If I have no intention of buying a DSi, just keep my DS Lite is it better to get 1.4 or 1.3?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
volcanorar said:
If I were to purchase a AceKArd 2i from leetmod, there is an option between choosing Firmware 1.3(For DSi 1.3U and lower) or Firmware 1.4 (For DSi 1.4U, 1.3U and lower) ( +$1.00 )

If I have no intention of buying a DSi, just keep my DS Lite is it better to get 1.4 or 1.3?
Updating from 1.3 to 1.4 is nothing you can't do on your own.
But for the $1, you save yourself the risk of a bad flash if you ever decide to update.

volcanorar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:

Use Acekard system 4.07a15, till new oficial system will be released for BAD-BATCH-CARDS
Thanks your solution has fixed this problem, but the AKAIO 1.5 does not work btw.

Anyhow, I found out leetmod doesnt cover return shipping fees and includes a restocking fee hmm...

I am in a tough decision: Should I keep using this old firmware and wait for a fix for the bad batches or do I pay all the fees and buy the AceKard 2i...

Datalogger

Living the Deam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
volcanorar said:
penthaler said:

Thanks your solution has fixed this problem, but the AKAIO 1.5 does not work btw.

Anyhow, I found out leetmod doesnt cover return shipping fees and includes a restocking fee hmm...

I am in a tough decision: Should I keep using this old firmware and wait for a fix for the bad batches or do I pay all the fees and buy the AceKard 2i...
Good luck if you decide to send it back.
I sent one of these bad Acekard 2.1's back to ZeroShippingZone a few weeks ago and they claimed they never received it.
Now I'm out the card and the funds on that one. (I bought a 2i from a different place already).

I asked at the postal office if there was a way to send it back and get a delivery confirmation and was told a price almost as much as the thing cost!

Bottom line, get the Acecard 2i, it's worth the extra couple bucks and read up on where you buy it from.
There are unscrupulous dealers out there that send out known bad products..

volcanorar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leet said:
Leetmod is legit?!
How long is the shipping?
I live in Canada.
Are the acekard real?
leetmod is legit
3-5 day free shipping
acekards are real
shipping in canada might be longer, check it out

D

Deleted-247497

Pliskron said:
Not any wide spread problems. Any problems reported are most likely from clones.

no they are not clones i have one, they are defective and don't work with akaio at all u need 4.0.7

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mygamingmart said:
WHY WOULD THEY CHARGE AN EXTRA $1 FOR SOMETHING THAT'S FREE! GO WITH:

[url=http://www.mygamingmart.com/acekard-ak2i-p-87.html]http://www.mygamingmart.com/acekard-ak2i-p-87.html[/url]

They'll update for FREE!

And as far as the acekard 2.1 save issue is concerned simply used v4.07 available at acekard.com

cheers

Canadian dealer, renowned:

[url=http://www.mygamingmart.com/acekard-ak2i-p-87.html]http://www.mygamingmart.com/acekard-ak2i-p-87.html[/url]

Renowned... for being stupdily expensive. You would need the brain the size of a peanut to buy from them when you can buy much cheaper elsewhere, even from Canada!

Are you stupid? Leetmod want $16.99 + $1 for upgrading them and another $2.15 for shipping, you charge CAD$29.95 plus another CAD$4.95 for shipping.

Unless you are from an alternative reality where more expensive is better or where there's a very different CAD$ > US$ exchange rate, you are mad for spamming our forums with such rubbish.

random-passer-by

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nigeria
snico1995 said:
they are defective and don't work with akaio at all
To be 100% accurate they do work with AKAIO version 1.2 (tested it myself), but there isn't really any difference in game compatibility between this version and official version 4.07 to be honest...

QUOTE(mygamingmart @ Mar 22 2010, 02:33 AM) And as far as the acekard 2.1 save issue is concerned simply used v4.07 available at acekard.com

Well, I think that is exactly the problem with those cards. Version 4.07 is very old, so it doesn't run many newer games with anti-piracy protection like M&L:BiS or Pokemon HG/SS, which we all want to be able to play.
By the way, as your username suggests that you're affiliated with an online store that sells AceKards, were you by any chance informed by the AceKard team about the development of a new version of official firmware that supposedly fixes those save issues? I'm asking because there were reports that other stores (RealHotStuff, 0shippingzone) informed some of their customers about this upcoming firmware update, and I'd like to confirm this.

Thanks in advance

dingdongpogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I buy Acekard 2.1 (not for DSi) cards? I believe it is still the best flashcart for the price ;p.. Unfortunately, it's no longer available in DealExteme
frown.gif
Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.