Hacking Just bought a 3-in-1 for my R4

darigaaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds...xpLoader_02.zip

New rudolph 3 in 1, named ExpLoader to work with the new EZ 3 in 1 chipset. The old rudolph 3 in 1 works only with the old EZ3 in 1 with the old chipset. Practically fresh out of the coding oven.

Simply download and put the nds file into your R4 and you can use it in conjunction with your EZ 3 in 1. Apparently there were some bugs in the 01 which is fixed in the 02. Its just came out a few days ago so might still have a bit more to iron out.

turtleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, I may need this considering I just ordered one today, and it's most likely the new chipset.

You're a potential life saver!
happy.gif

turtleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything I should know about loading .gba's onto the 3in1 besides just using that tool? Are there any spespific things I should know about on spespific games? Or is it simply a matter of "Go to GBAtool, load the .gba, enjoy"

darigaaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nope. It really is as simple as loading the GBA files into the microSD, then start the EXPloader, load the games into SRAM/NOR and then enjoy your game.

Just remember to keep saving and make backups. Don't worry, the program is easy enough to use and it kinda guides you on what you need to do.

Just some tips : SRAM loads fast but the save files dissapears when you shut down your DS. No problem if you are using the program I just told you about as it auto saves it to the R4 and you can make backups as well.

NOR loads takes a few minutes but the save files pretty much won't dissapear unless you load another game erasing the old NOR. Again, if you start the game from the R4 then GBA slot, rudolph's tool will again make a save file for it.

Some games might need something called SRAM patching as the save files are not compatible. Apparently the new tool helps to do it automatically as well, so there shouldn't be a problem at all.

too long; didn't read : Just put it in and go.

turtleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I should be safe to use the quicker, SRAM loading option? The save will automatically copy itself to my MicroSD?

victorlammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The new Exploader is very good, go for it guys. But I am pretty new to the 3in1 pack as well, and very confuse about how it works regarding saving and the NOR and SRAM too.

I remember the SRAM is about 64M, so you can load up to 64M game to the SRAM I think? but is that mean you won't have space for the save file? or does it save it to the NOR?

The NOR has 128M space, so you can load up to 128M game to the NOR, and it can still keep your save file in NOR, somehow? or it will put it in SRAM?

Could some one tell me about what are those option we got in SRAM and NOR mode? backup data; copy save from SRAM and bla bla bal. Some options sound confusing and repeating...
wacko.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The new Exploader is very good, go for it guys. But I am pretty new to the 3in1 pack as well, and very confuse about how it works regarding saving and the NOR and SRAM too.

I remember the SRAM is about 64M, so you can load up to 64M game to the SRAM I think? but is that mean you won't have space for the save file? or does it save it to the NOR?

The NOR has 128M space, so you can load up to 128M game to the NOR, and it can still keep your save file in NOR, somehow? or it will put it in SRAM?

Could some one tell me about what are those option we got in SRAM and NOR mode? backup data; copy save from SRAM and bla bla bal. Some options sound confusing and repeating...Â
wacko.gif

NOR is only 32 MB (Non-Volatile meaning no power is needed to retain it's memory. This option is closest to having an actual copy of the game. NOR ram can only hold one game at a time). (256 Mbits)

PSRAM is 16 MB (Volatile, the memory will erase once the DS is turned off. PSRAM is used to flash ROMs onto the 3 in 1 at time of play. The data will erase once the DS is turned off, and is the best viable option when you wish to have many GBA roms stored onto your SLOT-1 flashcart -- since you can quickly erase the PSRAM to run a different game)(128 MBits)

SRAM is 512 KB (4 MBits) - Obviously, it's for the Save Data. It's non-volatile and is written to your slot-1 on next boot-up.

SRAM is used for Save Data. PSRAM and NOR is for flashing games onto the 3 in 1.

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you said that when you use PSRAM, your data is erased when you turn off the DS. How do you save your games then? If I can't save with PSRAM, I will probably only use NOR.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
With PSRAM, will the saves autmatically back up to the slot-1 before turning it off?

No they're not, they're not saved until you load something else in (although there's an option to force the save to write). It's only the game that's loaded into PSRAM, the save itself is stored in SRAM so you don't have to worry about it disappearing when you power off. I've not been using my 3-in-1 for long (just before xmas) but I've never had a save disappear or anything.

victorlammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Grimalkin!! That really give me a much better idea of how the 3in1 works.
And drock360, the PSRAM is different to SRAM according to Grimalkin. Your saves are stored in SRAM which will not be erased while you turn off DS. Correct me if I am wrong.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay