Just bought a 3.60 vita, and some questions I have about it...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by THEELEMENTKH, Feb 27, 2017.

1. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

THEELEMENTKH Don't mind me

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Hello everyone, today I just found a very cheap second hand PSVita, it came with a charger and a PSVita memory card.

The console itself is a phat 3.60 vita (i heard that's the golden firm)
    And I have some questions regarding the Vita:

1.-Where do I start to begin running unsigned code?
    2.-What are the best homebrew apps at the moment? (Like file managers, game installers...)
    3.-I heard about something called "Taihenkaku", what is it and what can we do with that? Also, do I need to use the browser everytime I power off the vita, there's no coldboot right?
    4.-Is there an option to use remote play to play with my ps4 without updating my vita?
    Thank you very much for your help :)
    EDIT:

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Feb 28, 2017
  2. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Keyblade Warrior

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    use Henkaku. a hack where you can play vita backups. only possible with 3.60 but you cant go online.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i cant provide you with henkaku. its forbidden here. seek on google

3. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Errm, what? HENkaku is not illegal since there is no copyrighted content involved in its development whatsoever...

OP, here is your link to HENkaku. You will need to access this through your Vita's web browser.
    http://go.henkaku.xyz

It will also install an app called molecularShell during first-time HENkaku installation. From there, you will want to open it and press start to open the molecularShell settings. Enable unsafe homebrew, refresh the taiHEN config, close the settings, then restart molecularShell. This will allow you to access every partition in your Vita's filesystem, plus some hidden folders on your memcard you can't initially access.

Last edited by Voxel, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    First, you should create a PSN account on your computer, then factory reset your Vita and enter the account details during the initial setup (the simplest way to enter an account without the latest firmware; you'll need an account later to do activation -itself required for PSP mode- and use the Content Manager)

Henkaku by itself is perfectly legal o.o
    It comes with its own file manager, MolecularShell, which is an older version of VitaShell. You'll probably only use it to enable "unsafe" homebrews and install VitaShell though!

After you have at least one of the 'shells, you can transfer files over FTP or (latest vitashell & vita-handheld exclusive) USB; to install a .vpk application, you simply then open it with a 'shell.

For game backups, they may be available as .vpk, but the most compatible dumper and installer is MaiDump.

Henkaku must be launched every time you shutdown or reboot your console, yes; but the "SwitchKaku" homebrew can install a copy of the browser exploit into the mail app, so that you can try to launch it offline!

THEELEMENTKH likes this.
  5. Sora Takihawa

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    ok

i hate my vita (Fckn 3.63)

6. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll try them when I get home :)

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    1. Install Henkaku. You can do this by going to http://henkaku.xyz on your Vita's web browser and following the instructions there.
    2. You can check the Essential sticky or the Homebrew list thread for some good lists on what Homebrew is there for the Vita. Henkaku does come with it's own file manager, Molecular Shell, but at this point you should just install Vita Shell once you install Henkaku as it offers more features like USB mass storage support for PC and other things. Installing homebrew is simple, in most cases you'll get a .vpk. All you do is transfer that to your Vita, and then use Molecular Shell/Vita Shell to install it.
    3. Taihenkaku was a beta version of Henkaku that offered more features like kernel access for plugins (so you could use cheat plugins or overclocking plugins on official games). Taihenkaku has merged with normal Henkaku, so it's all the same now.
    4. Yes, use this to bypass the update nag: https://gbatemp.net/threads/yifan-lu-releases-method-for-remote-play-without-psn-sign-in.460337/

THEELEMENTKH likes this.
  8. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Thread update:
    It didn't come with a PSVita memory card, and also I can't seem to find the PSP emulator (or ePSP) bubble, I guess that's not normal right?
    How can I get it back?
    Maybe it only shows when you have a memory card inserted? (Btw, The vita hasn't been connected to any internet connention and it hasn't got any memory cards nor games inserted, and I already did two factory resets and it didn't come back)

9. Sora Takihawa

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    you need to install psp emu on memorycard

10. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Oh, I tought it was an official application.
    Well, I'll start to install henkaku and Adrenaline this friday, when I can buy a PSVita Memory Card

11. Sora Takihawa

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Realm of Darkness
    sadly psv memorycards are expensive (i only have 16gb) that sucks

and my psv is on fckn 3.63... so no henkaku for me (only on my pstv)

the psp mode is official (for psp dload games) but the emu uses the psp mode i think

THEELEMENTKH likes this.
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    PSPEmu isn't an application, it's just the name for the PSP emulator that PSP games run on.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  13. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    I know this is a very N00b quaestion, but I already installed henkaku and molecular shell, but I don't know how do I transfer .vpk to my vita
    EDIT: NVM I found the FTP option :P

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Mar 3, 2017
  14. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There are 2 main methods now. One is via FTP, press the select button while in Molecular Shell (while Wifi is on, of course) and it will setup an FTP server. Then, connect to that server using an FTP client on your PC (filezilla or Winscp, whichever) and transfer the VPK to your Vita.

The second method requires Vita Shell, we can now turn the USB connection into a data connection, so you can just set that up (by pressing select in VitaShell and making sure it's set to USB in the options) and transfer things that way. It's much faster to do it via USB, of course, so it's the one I recommend.

You can also use QCMA, but it's a bit outdated now that USB support is live in VitaShell.

15. THEELEMENTKH
    OP

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Also the homebrew that let's me bypass the update to use PS4 remote play isn't working, it doesn't save my username
    EDIT: nevermind, my brother updated Vita to 3.63, bye henkaku :(

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Mar 3, 2017
  16. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    To install vita shell I only need to install the .vpk file from the latest release?

17. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yes.

Bullseye likes this.
  18. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Fan

Feb 22, 2016
    Thanks, anything you recommend me read/install so I can make the best use of my newly installed henkaku?

19. andremario81

andremario81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Chicago, Illinois
    Maybe he lives in America like me. They frown on stuff like that out here. Not everyone just sjws and sjw wanna bees and lawmakers. Its a legal Grey area out here which is weird IMO but that's just me.