Just bough an used PS Vita (Phat) on 3.50 fw, need advice to CFW

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by mediavieja, Jan 6, 2016.

1. mediavieja
    OP

mediavieja Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2010
    Venezuela
    Hi, iv spend the past couple of days doing lots and lots of research because i just bought a ps vita on fw 3.50 and iv been reading a lot of guides to hack it and run my psp backups and emulators but i need a little push to acomplish that.

First of all, i didnt know that a Vita was so USELESS without a memory card because i cant even download netflix or use the mail app OR the content manager without one and that a memory card had to be made by sony cause nothing else works... which is CRAP in the hole sense of the word... but anyways thats just lack of research on my part anyways.

Thing is that iv been reading lots and lots of articles and guides while waiting for my memory card so id be ready by the time it arrives to hack my thing, but there are a couple of things that i still dont get and thats why i decided to post here to get some help and clarification. So far all the guides iv read says the only way to run PSP Backups or Emulators is using ether TN-V11 or VHBL, but aparently both options requires a LEGIT purchase of a PSP Game on PSN cause i cant use the 2 physical games i have for my PSP because the PS Vita doesnt have UDM disk access plus im on 3.50 fw so aparently no vita blocker or any proxy method will let me get into PS Store and aparently the only way for me to buy and transfer a PSP Game on the store is with a PS3 method, with all this said i have a couple of questions:

1.- Do i really need to buy a PSP game on the store to be able to install any of these hacks?
    2.- Is there any way to access the PSN Store on my PS Vita while using 3.50 fw?
    3.- Are there any Free PSP games on the PSN Store that would allow me to install any of these hacks?
    4.- If i really have to buy a PSP Game on the store, isnt just better to update to the latest FW which i belive is 3.55 and instead use the method described on https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-55-tn...previous-hack-necessary-ps-tv-or-vita.399955/ ?
    5.- If i go for that last method, are there any limitations for it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Updating to last firmware and purchasing Mimana Lyan Chronicle from PSN is the best course of action until today if you have a USA PSN account, not sure if this works for EUR or JAP accounts.
    You just need to purchase it from a PC or a PS3 linked to the same account of your Vita as this game doesn't show directly on the Vita PSN. after that you can go to the download list on your Vita to download it and then follow this guide.

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    If you have a ps3 then keep it on 3.50. That way you can have both psp hacks and native ps vita hacks, the ps vita hack is called Rejuvenate. If you update the ps vita just for psn access, you will end up just losing it again and possibly break the tn-v11 you installed previously on 3.55 due to sony releasing yet another firmware update and updating past 3.55 you could possibly break the tn-v11 that you set up on a older firmware.

On ps vita 3.52 firmware and below you can use ANY psp game or FREE psp demo to set up tn-v11 as long as you have a ps3 to download it then transfer it to your ps vita while on 3.55 you are limited to 1 full game that you HAVE to buy. If you do not have a ps3 then just update to 3.55.

Last edited by cvskid, Jan 6, 2016
  4. mediavieja
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2010
    Venezuela
    I dont have a PS3 but a friend of mine that lives next to me does, so i can go to his house link my PSN account, download a PSP demo and transfer it to my PS Vita and then do all the procedure to have the TN-V11 hack activated :) thanks guys for ur quick response, oh and one more thing, i used my PSP mostly for emulators and ps1 games, my question is do emulators work better on the vita portion using rejuvenate or shall i stick with TN-V11 and play all my emulators, psp and ps1 games on it? also, using rejuvenate can i install psp games directly into the ps vita bubles menu?

5. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    The vita portion of emulators is a work in progress but some of them already work better then the psp portion of emulators like the super nintendo. PS1 games might be hit or miss depending on the game, mainly due to choppy sound support at the moment. With psp games you install them in the tn-v11 psp bubble not rejuvenate bubble but you can have both rejuvinate and tn-v11 side by side. Also try to find the smallest psp demo that you can to save as much space on your memory card as possible since you are gonna need all the space you can get. I am assuming you are getting at least a 32GB ps vita memory card.

One more thing to note is the ps vita has a built in PSP fat not a PSP slim so emulators made only for psp slim will NOT work on ps vita due to less ram in psp mode. PSP fat/psvita psp mode uses 32mb of ram while PSP slim has 64mb of ram.

Last edited by cvskid, Jan 6, 2016
  6. mediavieja
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2010
    Venezuela
    Sadly ur mistaken about the memory, i was only able to find a 4gb memory in my country :( ill eventually buy one in the states when a friend travel there but for now im settle to use only the 4gb one :( i asume for now it should be fine since i have like 6 games and 3 emulators on my psp 2000 and i still have some space left, 2 are psp isos and 4 are eboot ps1 games

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Ah ok, it should be alright then as long as you compress/trim your psp iso's to make them smaller. I thought you were in the usa because of the flag under your username.

8. mediavieja
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2010
    Venezuela
    ah lol i just fixed that, i didnt notice that flag b4 hahahaha maybe cause i have everything setup in english instead of spanish :P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

do u know any way to scan for psp demos on the store? cause so far iv only found 2 locoroco and gladiator being gladiator the smallest one with 131 mb

cvskid likes this.