Just applied for crisis volunteer work!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jaxxster, Nov 7, 2008.

Nov 7, 2008
  1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    So finally got my arse around to trying to do something positive this xmas so ive applied to help out in london for crisis. If you dont know theyre a charity which deal with homelessness. i hope i get to help out cos i hate christmas pretty much and id love to actually make a change n put a smile on some peoples faces who dont have much to smile about whilst everyone else is stuffing thier faces and being greedy!

Anyone else doing anything similar on xmas?

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    I have to admit, I'm rather impressed with your selflessness.
    I'm not a part of any similar volunteer effort, but I help out with the volunteer fire department in my town.

There really is nothing more powerful than bringing a smile to the face of someone in need.

Keep it up.

3. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Well done jaxxster, thats such a kind thing of you to do.

I don't mean this the wrong way and all, but if you're lacking in christmas spirit already... prepared to have whatever tiny shreds of it and faith in humanity that you had left ripped out of you. I did a similar thing three years ago in London, its really really hard work, emotionally.

This year... just taking the youth group I work with to the old peoples home for a bit of singing and story sharing. The girls will make them Xmas cards and a craft item to them.

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    hmm..... interesting.....

to be honest, I don't know what to say, I lost my faith in charities, especially large ones years ago, they have the same sort of over paid executives big companies have.

5. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    meh, not really doing it for the charity tho, Im doing it so i can actually help people out and try and make a difference if only a small one in thier lifes if only for a day. At the moment im kinda in a deep hole so i feel like by making others happy that really need a smile then it will fill a gap inside me.

6. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    sweet! I got accepted! Gunna help out on xmas eve and xmas day! Im so glad for the oppitunity to make a small difference to people!

7. Gus122000

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Good hearted people on my GBAtemp? I don't think so.

jk [​IMG]

8. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Wow I should do some charity work also since I don't normally go outside much XD