Hacking Just a tip about PSone games on CFW!

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there I've been loving the CFW on PS3 since the 4.82 hacks came out and have been testing everything I have on it.
So far I've had great results on PS2, PS3 and somewhat good results on PSX iso's.

However no matter what I would do (install to internal HDD or EXT HDD or run from CD-R) PSX games ran fine all for the FMV's and sound would stutter on most if not all games.

I found the solution, even though the PS3 with CFW will play PSX games from outter region consoles (NTSC on PAL and PAL on NTSC) the inbuilt emulator will only run at your consoles specifications.
So I checked all my iso's and yes of course they were NTSC (I'm a PAL), so I switched to a PAL version of a game that was stuttering and the problem was gone. (tried a bunch of other problem games in PAL and they worked too)

So if you have stuttering on your PSone iso's or discs, make sure they are of the same region as your console.
Funnily enough PS2 (and naturally PS3) iso's run fine on any region.

Last edited by KongsNutz,

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think you could patch the ISOs for 50/60Hz? I have had great luck with that on the Wii and Dreamcast. Love being able to play European games in the US sometimes I don't know why games only hit one region :(

Ok I just looked it up yes there is a region Patcher for PS1 I can't post the link here but it could be worth looking for? Not sure how it would work with the PS3 but for some games it might be worth it.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know the sega dreamcast had issues reguarding that. Every sega dreamcast game i have came across ask you if you want to run the game in 50Hz or 60Hz before playing it.

Last edited by cvskid,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hmm, will that still happens with non cfw PS3? I have PAL PS3 Slim, and NA account, and have crash Team racing from the NA account, it still running without problem.

So this only happens with disc version?

shinoff2183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, will that still happens with non cfw PS3? I have PAL PS3 Slim, and NA account, and have crash Team racing from the NA account, it still running without problem.

So this only happens with disc version?

Im not able to run psx pal images on my ntsc cfw ps3. There are a few ones I was dying to try but when I finally was able to it didnt work. I just thought it was odd considering the stuff cfw ps3s can do.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Im not able to run psx pal images on my ntsc cfw ps3. There are a few ones I was dying to try but when I finally was able to it didnt work. I just thought it was odd considering the stuff cfw ps3s can do.
weird, did you tried using the iso image for that using usb?
i managed to run digimon rumble arena EU and NA and JP version on my CFW PS3 (full CFW, the hackable PS3)

what's your PS3's model?

endz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try running them on Irisman Lite v4.82.1. It's what works for me, and if there are still problems you can press triangle on the game in the menu to go into their options and maybe try different video settings.

Reactions: shinoff2183

shinoff2183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running them on Irisman Lite v4.82.1. It's what works for me, and if there are still problems you can press triangle on the game in the menu to go into their options and maybe try different video settings.

Thank you I will try this in a few moments

shinoff2183

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks a bunch. I copied it over in irisman lite and bam worked like a charm. I am so happy and thank you.

Reactions: endz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay