Just a thought.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Edgedancer, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007

Just a thought. by Edgedancer at 8:36 AM (649 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Edgedancer
    OP

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    In the light of this new update and how people are concerned that future update will chip modded consoles I have thought of something. We all know that it is possible to remove an update on a disk with the wii brick blocker so I was thinking that it may be possible for people to insert their own firmware hacks on to the disk, replacing the nintendo update. I know that this is noobish but I have thought about it and it may be possible in the future.

2. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Maybe after you have made you own custom firmware and found a way to modify those gamediscs. brickblocker and and region free things are only little patches afaik. And in this case you need to put something new in the game.

3. Edgedancer
    OP

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am not sure what you mean. I am talking about taking an update out of a game, eg SSX Blur and then putting a new update in the same game.

4. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I think he means that you saying it like it can be done just like that. I bet everyone has had this idea before. I even thought about it when the program came out.