just a thought, what about the eastern market and Brickgate?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cypher007, Jan 21, 2014.

1. cypher007
    OP

cypher007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    weve all been looking at this from a western perspective it might be interesting to try and find some Chinese and Japanese forums that deal with Gateway cards to see if the bricking issue is also happening there.

my guess is it is, and probably in far greater numbers than were dealing with on here. just think of the sheer number of Chinese 3ds's there must be, then the amount of Gateway's and clones. don't forget flashcarts are more prevalent in the far east than here.

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    no, just no, we don't need another usless gateway thread here

jax604, gamefan5, SLiV3R and 2 others like this.
  3. Breadwin

Breadwin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States

Rather then coming on here and creating another pointless GW thread why don't you, you lazy son of a gun !

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
  5. Breadwin

Breadwin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    United States
  6. cypher007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    its a tad hard to search Chinese sites being there all in F*CKING CHINESE. if it was that easy I would have posted some findings.

7. Axel Killer

Axel Killer GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    United States
    there
    deposit ​
    is not so bad compared to the deposit around here lol

8. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    The cards are illegal in Japan, but I am sure some make it there.

9. wulfei

wulfei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    Australia
    What???
    I didnt know that.
    Back with my DS I always brought my card.

Gonna stay for 6 months soon. You think there is any problem at the airport?

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Put a legit game label on the card, problem solved :creep:

11. wulfei

wulfei Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    Australia
    lol
    Simple ideas are usually the best.:lol:

12. Wisenheimer

Wisenheimer GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2013
    United States

If you get stopped by customs and they happen to know to look for it, maybe. In the US, they rarely bother with stuff like that unless it looks like you are going to sell it. For instance, customs will not stop you from bringing in a binder of pirated movies from Asia but they might stop you from bringing in a binder of the same pirated movie from Asia.

They are not usually going after the people who are wearing a counterfeit Rolex and fake Oaklies.

13. Seqa

Seqa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Switzerland
    Here in China people are also quite shocked about this whole mess. The general opinion seems to be "Gateway went too far" by bricking consoles instead of just destroying the clone card functionality.

Most bluescreens I have seen after skimming a few forums are from using 3DSLink and r4i gold 3ds. Haven't seen any claims of legit GW bsod, but I might have missed them. As I said, I just skimmed the titles.

Actually:
    http://bbs.tgbus.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5360375&page=1#pid88825486

1/12, user claims to have gotten bluescreen after using legit GW card and unmodified firmware.

cypher007 likes this.
  14. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    I don't know how you could possibly think they went to far. Nobody can prove Gateway didn't try to do that and found it wouldn't be possible.

15. Seqa

Seqa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Switzerland
    I'm just saying what the general opinion on online message boards is, Mr. Inuyasha. Personally I have no opinion either way since I have yet to use my GW card, and I might never open it, since the risk of a bluescreen is not worth it.

16. cypher007
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2014
    still don't know how there gonna be able to tell if the brick was caused by a clone or not.