Just a quick question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by meohsix, Sep 14, 2011.

Sep 14, 2011

Just a quick question. by meohsix at 6:23 PM (536 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. meohsix
    OP

Newcomer meohsix Advanced Member

United States
    Like THIS GUY i hadn't updated or really done anything to my Wii in like a year and a half. I just finished using ModMii to Re-Hack/Update everything and i was wondering, i plan on buying Zelda Skyward Sword in November. will i be able to just stick the game in and launch it from the disc channel without any problems? or is there something else i need to do?

2. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    That will probably work fine, but setting priiloader to block disc updates is probably advisable, to avoid it getting bricked or de-hacked.

A definite answer can't really be given until the official disc gets released into the wild, but I'd be surprised if a legit copy won't work.

1 person likes this.
  3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Unless you got a time machine handy it's hard to say... but chances are good the original disc will play fine from your disc channel even if there is an update for the game (as long as u have block updates enabled in priiloader).

If there's some new AP protection on the game, you may need to update your usb-loaders after a solutions has been implemented.

Also, rest assured that if there's a problem, once there's a solution ModMii will be updated with it (either directly or indirectly via a usb-loader update)

4. meohsix
    OP

Newcomer meohsix Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah i set priiloader to block disc updates. i was just wondering if legit disc's still worked as normal after hacking. or if i had to rip them to the hdd to play them.

Thanks for the help guys.

5. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

you can always update ios with help nus or modmii and no problem with original disc