Just a quick question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bdr9, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

Just a quick question by bdr9 at 10:08 PM (794 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. bdr9
    OP

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi, I'm just wondering why the DLC doesn't work with Rockband and GHWT when you use a USB loader. I am not a noob and I will understand if the answer relates to IOSes or something.

Thanks,

bdr9

2. Teh H4rRy

Member Teh H4rRy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Fill me in on how the DLC works, i have never played Rockband or guitar hero on Wii.

Is it on a disk? Download though the game?

3. bdr9
    OP

United States
    You have the game. On your wifi account you connect and pay wii points. You download the song to your nand or to an sd card. Then you can play it. on GHWT at least they cost 200 wii points (2 us dollars). The songs are actually on the server the whole time. You do not pay to unlock them from your own disc if that was what you were wondering.

4. bdr9
    OP

United States
    Don't want to bump this up but I really would like to know why the DLC doesn't work. Anyone?

5. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    the dlc is encrypted one way when purchased via one method, and another way when purchased via another - so one method doesnt have the right to play the other method's dlc. theres a complex graphic floating around here somewhere that attempts to explain it, but it may be as simple as the methodology thats in place to stop you from using your pal's dlc on your wii, ya know?

having said that, you can either continue to use your retail disc, or delete all your dlc, and redownload them all once in the loader. i use the first method, but i believe the second method should be viable, as i think the store knowing your songs are purchased is pre-encryption.

6. bdr9
    OP

United States
    OK thanks, but why is it encrypted differently when you use the USB loader? Could someone make a patch in the USB loader to run the game and encrypt them the old way?

7. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    it sounds like the ball is in waninkoko's court, but i doubt very seriously he cares.