Homebrew Just a quick question for ps1 emulator in 3DS

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im playing vagrant story rn and its running pretty decent 47fps. im just looking on how to use cheats, cant make it work though ^^

Vagrant Story is my favourite game of all time, but good luck playing that with an unstable framerate once you have to chain on bosses! Timing is essential later in the game, and unstable framerates may make the game even harder. Hope you know your way around it!

My plan right now is to test pal games since I noticed that running the ntsc ones in pal mode did help a bit because it only needs to run at 50fps.
PAL games may run at higher resolutions but have slower frame rates, and since most conversations back from that era were very poorly done a lot of european games simply run 16% slower than the original Japanese or American NTSC versions. Even if it's supposedly less taxing, I'd advise against it, since you might get even worse results even if the games are actually running better.

One of the very few great conversions I've ever seen of retro games playing virtually the same in both PAL and NTSC versions is the Donkey Kong Country series, and I'm pretty sure this only happened because Rare is British.

Last edited by YukidaruPunch,

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Vagrant Story is my favourite game of all time, but good luck playing that with an unstable framerate once you have to chain on bosses! Timing is essential later in the game, and unstable framerates may make the game even harder. Hope you know your way around it!

hahaha..its really hard doing the timing bc of unstable fps, but still, im enjoying the game ^^ Vagrant Story is also my favorite game of all time! I just wish they remake this game with the same gameplay. ow how i would love that to happen ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hahaha..its really hard doing the timing bc of unstable fps, but still, im enjoying the game ^^ Vagrant Story is also my favorite game of all time! I just wish they remake this game with the same gameplay. ow how i would love that to happen ^^

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can someone make a indept guide on how to use the cheats on PCSX ReARMed on N3DS? A simple step-by-step maybe ^^
I really tried my best on understanding the cheat system but i cant makeit work, im missing something BIG.

Thanks so much guys ^^

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Open the file that i post, and see the structure of the cheat file (rename the file to .cht). Is pretty simple. For example Worms World Party.cht looks like this:

cheats = 11 → This is the number of cheats in the file (in fact, there are 10 cheats in the file, but this line count as a cheat)

cheat0_desc = "Invincible Team 1" → Cheat Name
cheat0_code = "D001C824+5DC0+8011D72F+73EF+8011D476+5C24+8011D59F+5D9D+8011D527+6D15" → Cheat itself. you must write it like this, otherwise dont work. If you look on internet you will find the code like this:
D001C824 5DC0
8011D72F 73EF
8011D476 5C24
8011D59F 5D9D
8011D527 6D15
You have to re write it like i mentioned.
cheat0_enable = false → This indicate if cheat is enable o disable. "True" is enable, "False" is diable.

And thats all you need to know.

Attachments

• Worms World Party.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 110

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Open the file that i post, and see the structure of the cheat file (rename the file to .cht). Is pretty simple. For example Worms World Party.cht looks like this:

cheats = 11 → This is the number of cheats in the file (in fact, there are 10 cheats in the file, but this line count as a cheat)

cheat0_desc = "Invincible Team 1" → Cheat Name
cheat0_code = "D001C824+5DC0+8011D72F+73EF+8011D476+5C24+8011D59F+5D9D+8011D527+6D15" → Cheat itself. you must write it like this, otherwise dont work. If you look on internet you will find the code like this:
D001C824 5DC0
8011D72F 73EF
8011D476 5C24
8011D59F 5D9D
8011D527 6D15
You have to re write it like i mentioned.
cheat0_enable = false → This indicate if cheat is enable o disable. "True" is enable, "False" is diable.

And thats all you need to know.

thanks mate ^^ ill try my hands on this immediately after work ^^

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You're welcome n.n
Mind if i ask for what game or games you need cheats?

im playing Final Fantasy IX rn, and also Vagrant Story ^^ can you also help me with those? ^^

Another quick question..

after making the cheat, should i just upload it in the pcsx? i havent made any improvements really in the cheats ^^

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im playing Vagrant Story in 47fps ^^ and final fantasy IX runs perfect but keeps crushing, maybe its the bios?
not really sure there is a guide for various ways to try and run psx games
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-ps1-games-on-new-3ds-50-60fps.530785/,
but have you tried the new core out yet? You need to download and add it manually as of now
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/...w-possible-with-pcsx-rearmed-w-unai-renderer/
it has MUCH better performance (on new 3ds)

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
im playing Final Fantasy IX rn, and also Vagrant Story ^^ can you also help me with those? ^^

Another quick question..

after making the cheat, should i just upload it in the pcsx? i havent made any improvements really in the cheats ^^
Yes, i can help you with that, i will make the .cht file and upload it here. Also on the retroarch folder, make a folder and name it "cheats" and inside that folder make another one and name it "PCSX-ReARMed". And in that folder put the cheats

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. im using the latest nightly which supports .chd files
I don't know if it switched to the new renderer by default, but you could check (it should be Unai).
Have you tried the .chd format? Apparantly different compression levels may have varying results but I would try it on the lowest first
and the forbidden threaded video option?

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't know if it switched to the new renderer by default, but you could check (it should be Unai).
Have you tried the .chd format? Apparantly different compression levels may have varying results but I would try it on the lowest first
and the forbidden threaded video option?

ye i tried the .chd format already and gives better fps than .pbp
well according to libretro the latest nightly build is already Unai renderer by default, so im guessing its the bios

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Vagrant Story .cht file, here you go n.n

One question: what region are the roms? NTSC- USA or PAL- EUR? The cheats fore Vagrant Story that i upload are NTSC- USA.

Attachments

• Vagrant Story.7z
    1 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: sian23

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ye i tried the .chd format already and gives better fps than .pbp
well according to libretro the latest nightly build is already Unai renderer by default, so im guessing its the bios
bios should help, I recommend the latest usa one you can find

sian23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

One question: what region are the roms? NTSC- USA or PAL- EUR? The cheats fore Vagrant Story that i upload are NTSC- USA.

its NTSC - USA ^^
Thanks so much! youre a life saver mate ^^

so this will load automatically?

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
its NTSC - USA ^^
Thanks so much! youre a life saver mate ^^

so this will load automatically?

You're welcome n.n
Later i will upload cheats for FF IX. And no, you have to open the retroarch menu while playing, go to "Cheats" options, then to "Load Cheat File (Replace)". And the search the cht file and loaded it. Next time you play you only need to enter the cheat menu and the cheats will be loaded automatically, you only need too toggle on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work