Hacking Just a quick question before I buy another acekard 2i.

dalonehunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an acekard 2i a few weeks ago for my new DSi but as it turns out, my DSi was updated to 1.4u and I didn't know you needed at least 1.3 firmware or a dsl to update the card so I can use it. I'm going to order another one with a a pre-updated memory card. The problem is that I'm not too sure which site I should choose. I found one at 0shippingzone.com, shoptemp.com and leetmod.com.

At 0shippingzone I can get it pretty cheap, and with pre-updated memory, compared to the other two. I just want to make sure with you guys that it's legit and I'm getting a working, real card. Also, is 4 GB enough? That's the highest they offer a 0shippingzone. Thanks.
gbasp.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one from 0shipping about a month and a half ago. Was completely legit, and they even threw in a free extendable stylus!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All 3 shops are fine and sell genuine carts, but bear in mind that LeetMod is in the US while the other 2 are in HongKong. So shipping times will be lower from LeetMod.

4GB is fine, should be enough for 50-100 (trimmed) ROMS.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a little cash up front, some people have gone and bought a used or new DS Lite to run the firmware update and then returned it when they were done. If you don't feel right about doing that, I would either do Shoptemp (if not in a rush) or Realhotstuff (faster ship). Realhotstuff charges a little more, but the shipping is free & fast within the US at least.

US$16.50 -Ships from China- http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...e-DSi-p-30.html
US$22.00 -Ships from New Jersey- http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
45gc said:
from what i hear its legit

same here

but just get a friends ds phat/lite to update it and get a mem card from amazon

also about your mem card size question 4 should be ok however bigger is always better

dalonehunter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

The Pi said:
but just get a friends ds phat/lite to update it and get a mem card from amazon

also about your mem card size question 4 should be ok however bigger is always better
I would but all my friends have updated DSi's.
closedeyes.gif
I ended up buying it at leetmod. Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations.
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night