Hacking Just a quick question about ios's and normal wii functionality

rttr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a used wii, black gamecube compatible version, 4.3u I letterbombed it, installed hbc, yadayada. Proceeded with the guide on installed USB loader gx in which it told me to use the ios236 insteller, ios249 and ciosx rev20b installer.

My only question is, will any of what I just did prevent me from or give me any issues playing wii discs normally through the optical drive?

WaryLouka

Official Representative of the SuperCard Team
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. What you installed are custom IOS and didn't remplaced any of the original IOS that the Wii normally use, they are just installed next to them. Nothing what you did affected Wii Discs loading.

Also, can you tell me the serial on your Wii? ( It starts with LU and is followed by numbers. )

rttr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response! I was worried all night about if I had caused some either perm troubles or a headache to reverse what I did. Everything is working fine so I dunno why I was second guessing.

I'm not at home now to look at the serial number, any reason you would need it? If I remember ill post back with it later.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response! I was worried all night about if I had caused some either perm troubles or a headache to reverse what I did. Everything is working fine so I dunno why I was second guessing.

I'm not at home now to look at the serial number, any reason you would need it? If I remember ill post back with it later.

He probably needs it to see how old or new your disc drive is. If it's new you won't be able to play back-up games from a regular DVD but if it is old you are able to play from a backed up DVD. Don't worry none of this would affect your ability to still play Wii games from the disc channel.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ahh I see. Thanks black.

Got it here you go. Is it a good drive?
LU212429859

According to www.wiidrives.com
If the Drive is D3-2 or D4, it can not read DVDs or burned disks.

• There is a 50% chance the chipset is GC2-D4 on a smaller drive board.
  • And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2R-D2A.
  • Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-DMS.

rttr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, would a "newer" drive model, one they perhaps can't play burned DVDs be a better unit to have for reliability? I have read in some cases of drives failing, although to what the cause could be a lot of factors. The model wii I bought recently was one of the black rlv-001 models that was sold as a mario kart bundle with the long black box in mid to late 2011. Lucky for me whether the drive will one day fail or not. The console was actually barely used prior to buying it a couple weeks ago, it was used but most of its components were still in the original sealed packaging. With not a bit of dust in the intake vents or fan. So maybe it will last me a while before having if ever to repair the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there