Just A Quick Enquiry/Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimii, Sep 23, 2007.

Sep 23, 2007

Just A Quick Enquiry/Question by wiimii at 3:59 PM (739 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. wiimii
    OP

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok , i have a PAL modded UK wii with an ORIGINAL wiikey modchip installed ,all up to date (firmware 1.9b) and the wii is at firmware v3.0E .

I Have 17 copies of my 17 original games , I have had the wiikey installed for about a month now , everything has been working perfect (and still is really) but i was playing my original of zelda and just completed the game.

After i played zelda i decided i wanted to kick sum ass on scarface (backed up copy of my original ) , played that for a while (30 minutes or so ) then decided to go back to zelda to start a new file . I got to the disk channel and swapped scarface for zelda tp ORIGINAL VERSION .

The disk channel gave me the DRE message (which i have never had in my experience with my modded wii ) like EVER . Never had one disk read error till today .

So i was wondering is this a sign i should be worried about , i am extra concerned as it produced the error while loading an ORIGINAL game . is this normal to have a disk read error once in a while?

Any one experienced this before , i mean its working still reads everything i sling in it atm but is this single dre a sign of my wiikey failing on me , thank you in advance to anyone who should be kind enough to give me advice .

Wiimii

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    dont worry about it if everything else is running just fine. if that scarface was not an original, make sure ur using good media. But otherwise, it can happen, the wii can get confused [​IMG] If it's fine now, just play n enjoy

3. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Yeah, right.

Anyway, if it only randomly happened once, it's no problem I guess.

4. Aoko

Newcomer Aoko Advanced Member

Wii Sports (the one that came in the console) errored out on me once. Turns out the disc was scratched.

Something as small as a thumbprint or scratch on the data side will cause DREs.

5. xbandaidx

Member xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah thats what I found, it don't take much in terms of scratches or thumbprints to make a disc DRE. You just need to be very careful with those disc. I get them from time to time, and usually when I do its after switching out a game, why it does that who knows? But a quick reboot of the Wii fixes it. No big deal.

6. Cubed

Newcomer Cubed Member

Sweden
    Well, I recently bought a Wii, and I got a DRE in Wario Ware efter 2 days [​IMG] And on top of that, it froze on the DRE screen.. couldn't power off the unit. And my Wii isn't even modded. Does it have something to do with the console being warm or what do you think? I've read that Wario Ware is a problematic game..

7. Aoko

Newcomer Aoko Advanced Member

It helps if you aim an electric fan or something at the Wii to keep air circulation up. The Wii's fan is unfortunately puny.