Homebrew Just a Question - Need Opinions AL9H & SysNAND CFW vs EmuNAND

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm following Plailect's a9lh guide, he says to remove emunand completely from the sdcard?
Isn't the point of having the emunand to have a safeguard if anything messes up?

Should I really be removing that?

Sorry if this question is stupid.

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do whatever you want:
no a9lh+sysnand cfw
no a9lh+emunand cfw
a9lh+sysnand cfw
a9lh+emunand cfw

Now you have to choose

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people prefer emunand (as do I) But you can use updated sysnand as well with a9lh. I prefer emunand because I feel it is still safer but if you brick sysnand somehow, you can always unbrick it with a sysnand backup so it should be alright (again with a9lh). Its just something that preference comes into place.

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm following Plailect's a9lh guide, he says to remove emunand completely from the sdcard?
Isn't the point of having the emunand to have a safeguard if anything messes up?

Should I really be removing that?

Sorry if this question is stupid.
It's as you feel safer, if you have a9lh you can boot decrypt9 and restore sysnand or you can leave emunand as a backup, but you always continue using emunand and keep sysnand 9.2 no problem it's all personal preference, as Reisyukaku said it's faster to restore emunand and why change something if it's not broken

Reactions: SkyChotik

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically since I have a9lh installed, I can use either? That's awesome that there's so many choices!

Karuta

Trophies
XP
Country
A9LH is the best possible protection for your sysNAND so it makes emuNAND unnecessary. It loads before the OS does so no matter what you do to your sysNAND, you can just restore from a backup.

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH is the best possible protection for your sysNAND so it makes emuNAND unnecessary. It loads before the OS does so no matter what you do to your sysNAND, you can just restore from a backup.
Aside from flubbing the FIRM0/FIRM1 partitions or the secret sector.

SkyChotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll be doing anything too extreme. 99.9% of the reason I even installed all this is because I'm dumping my friends cartridges and making them into .cia files to install for him and me.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The emuNAND used to work as a safe block from updates removing your CFW, but with A9LH, it shouldn't be needed. I didn't completely remove mine, I simply moved it to another SD card in case it's needed at a future date.

Reactions: SkyChotik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0