Just a question about the gateway 3ds 2.1 "omega" firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Treeko, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Treeko
    OP

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    My spare 3ds and gateway card has been gathering dust for quite sometime now, and I haven't bothered updating it since the first firmware version and checking out what new features have been added since the first firmware, so I really don't know whats going on.

My question is does the omega firmware support online multiplayer? I read somewhere that they were working on it along with multirom support, and what's all the fuss with this update?

2. luney

luney GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Omega suports multirom and eshop titles that are dumped as roms.

3. Naridar

Naridar Excelsior!

Oct 26, 2008
    Hungary
    It doesn't support online play at the moment. Eshop can be used but games' online portions don't work (or at least, Bravely Default doesn't).

4. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    It does allow for streetpass spoofing so you can add villagers to your village on the Bravely Default ROM for example. That's as close as you are going to get to any online play right now.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    well he could play online in classic mode if he owns the real game :P

6. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Depends on the game, if it's a different region from his eshop and requires a patch then he can't go online.

7. Treeko
    OP

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Thanks guys for your answers, anyways if they got the eshop to run then I guess online multiplayer is pretty close.