Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So what I say is, Nintendo's Apps (Like eShop) have full control over Arm9 and Arm11 right? 'Cause without that, the eShop would never be able to install apps to the NAND. So, if anyone can find out how the apps do that or at least how the eShop does, then it would be possible for the Homebrew Launcher to access the NAND, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, and this is just my opinion, not any fact and this may be a possibility...

Anyways, I hope nobody spams on this thread at least.....:mellow::mellow::mellow:

Last edited by Gaming796,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So what I say is, Nintendo's Apps (Like eShop) have full control over Arm9 and Arm11 right? 'Cause without that, the eShop would never be able to install apps to the NAND. So, if anyone can find out how the apps do that or at least how the eShop does, then it would be possible for the Homebrew Launcher to access the NAND, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, and this is just my opinion, not any fact and this may be a possibility...

Anyways, I hope nobody spams on this thread at least.....:mellow::mellow::mellow:
well maybe you could hack the eshop with hans but idk if it would work probs not

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well maybe you could hack the eshop with hans but idk if it would work probs not
No. eShop is totally patched. HANS can't access it on FW >10.4. I'm saying if someone could find how the eShop works so that it can be implemented on 11.0 FW for installing CIAs. So we need to know how the eshop interacts with 11.0 Arm9 & Arm11.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No. eShop is totally patched. HANS can't access it on FW >10.4. I'm talking if someone could find how the eShop works so that it can be implemented on 11.0 FW for installing CIAs. So we need to know how the eshop interacts with 11.0 Arm9 & Arm11.
well you don't have control over the kernel though with out an exploit the 3ds only lets certain apps like the eshop have that access

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
problem is is that those are permissions given by the hardware, there's no way to create an unofficial software with those same permissions
well if hans worked with the eshop you could inject some thing into it and then it may have those permissons

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what access?
As a general rule of thumb, if you're dealing with a server, it's going to be harder to do anything like you're thinking. Tricking your 3ds alone to install stuff it shouldn't is one thing, tricking the nintendo servers is a completely different thing.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well if hans worked with the eshop you could inject some thing into it and then it may have those permissons
Yeah. Thing is HANS doesn't work with the eShop on 11.0. If Smea releases its source code, then maybe it can be edited to do that stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a general rule of thumb, if you're dealing with a server, it's going to be harder to do anything like you're thinking. Tricking your 3ds alone to install stuff it shouldn't is one thing, tricking the nintendo servers is a completely different thing.
I think you're right. But again, what if we make a clone server?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16