Gaming Just a couple quick questions. I'm new at this.

Nintendo451

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a PSP. I've known about the hacking scene for a long time, but I just haven't ever had one. I have a friend who did back in 2005/2006 and he got it to work fine.

I started trying, but it turns out I need two things since the firmware on mine is currently 3.90: a Pandora Battery and a "magic memory stick."

Now, is the pandora battery a one-time use thing? Once I get it to work, will I have any use for it in the future? Do I need to keep it locked away for backup purposes or should I find someone to pawn it off on?

And second question, about this "magic memory stick." I have a Memory Stick Pro Duo already (thank my parents for getting me a Sony camera a few years ago). Can I just format it to get rid of the information and use it for this Pandora thing, then reformat it again and be useable? Or should I get a new memory card just big enough to start unlocking this large-screened device for it will then be ruined?

Sorry if I know this is noob related, I just can't find this kind of topic elsewhere. If you know of one, just redirect me and thread = deleted. Or at least closed.

TossGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pandora Battery works forever.
Memory sticks always works if you reformat them and your memory stick is supported.
You need atleast a 4 gig if you want *cough* iso's *cough* though.

Nintendo451

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to be supported, does it have to have the Magic Gate? Or not? (Is that what the "magic" means? I see some that do and don't support it.)

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It does have to be magic for it to work 100%. Ive never tried crappy mem stick becasue i dont want to risk it. So only use magicgate if you dont want any risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: