JUS, Mugen no frontier, ToI

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by klown07, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

JUS, Mugen no frontier, ToI by klown07 at 10:36 AM (1,526 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. klown07
    OP

Newcomer klown07 Advanced Member

United States
    Well i just recently patched all these games and I started trying them all out....and DAMN....I'm having so much fun with JUS.....Japanese get so many great games. Great story, great music, great gameplay......unique. I wish we could get more releases stateside...it sucks! Can anyone please give me a list of other totally fun and awesome japanese games? And which ones are translated in anyway, thanks^^ PS- I'm not particularly talking about the list already here on gbatemp, ive already went through it. Just personal opinions or translations found elsewhere?

2. Pimpmynintendo

Member Pimpmynintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Osu Tatakae Ouendan and Osu Tatakae Ouendan 2
    There is no translation of these but if you have played Elite Beat agents its the same thing without the horrible songs. Plus if you take into account what all my friends say about it, you get to make up whats happening.

3. klown07
    OP

United States
    I'm going to google it and look up some info, thanks for the suggestion!

OK, just checked it out and watched a video on youtube, it looks like a lot of fun. And I'm not a big fan of music games mind you, but I'm gonna try it out! Thanks again.

4. BiscuitCookie

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
  5. klown07
    OP

United States
    yeah i already mentioned that i looked through it. just started this topic in hopes I might also get introduced to some other jp games that are good, that I'm unaware of. Or lesser known ones also.

6. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    If you're willing to try out an RPG with great story and an excellent battle system, Soma Bringer is definitely a game you play. I believe DarthNemesis is doing the translation for that, and the updates for it are going great. ^^

7. klown07
    OP

United States
    Thanks a bunch! Already have it on my DS [​IMG]

8. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Give it a shot at Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1 and 2, Taiko no Tatsujin 1 and 2, as well as Daigasso! Band Brothers and Daigasso DX. I just noticed you said you aren't much into rhythm gaming, well I'm sorry to say that ALL games I've just said are rhythm games lol
    Still, give it a shot. You might just find something interesting.

There's also Densetsu no Stafy 4 and "5", you case you enjoy plataform-like games. Simple DS Series 31 - Custom Chou Dangan is a simple yet enjoyable game, kinda feels like a "dumbed-down Metal Slug on a tank". Hercules no Eikou is a solid japanese RPG, or so I hear. Wish I could also reccomend Baigai-O Spirits and The Legend of Kage 2, but given the fact those are scheduled in USA as a future release I'd say wait a little longer.

EDIT: There's also Rhythm Tengoku Gold coming out 10 days from now, and in case you have a Slot-2 FC, the original Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA. Yeah I KNOW they're rhythm games like the title says, but they're so made of complete awesome it's a sin to not give these ones a go.