Jump Ultimate Stars Patch Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by akthewonder, Jul 27, 2008.

Jul 27, 2008
  1. akthewonder
    OP

Newcomer akthewonder Member

United States
    I hope this is the right board for this. I recently bought "Jump Ultimate Stars" for the NDS. I have yet to play it. I'm a little afraid to play the game because I know I won't understand the game and I wouldn't know any of the characters moves or the "Koma" system. Don't get me wrong, I can experiment; but I would like to know what I'm doing.

Anyway, is it possible to apply the translation patch on the the DS gamecart itself and not the ROM. I rather be playing on my NDS than a computer. I've seen a video of someone on youtube doing and my request is what I need to do that. I would like to know the materials I need to do so (ex: gamecart, flashcard, etc), then a set of directions, I hope I'm not asking for too much. I appreciate those willing to take the time and help me [​IMG]

2. Angus

Newcomer Angus Member

United States
    sorry thats impossible. Sorry for shattering youre hopes and dreams

3. akthewonder
    OP

United States
    How's that impossible, I saw a video on youtube of someone who applied a patch to the game. I also had someone briefly explain what I needed to do but said I should come here since he is no expert when it comes to this stuff. I'm not asking for anything illegal, I'm not asking for the ROM or anything like that, I'm just asking what I need and what I need to do so I can at least play JUS with some english on my NDS.

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You need a flashcard to be able to play the patched version of JUS on the Nintendo DS. All official DS game carts only have readable memory and its impossible to write to it. So you can't apply the patch to the actual game cart.

5. akthewonder
    OP

United States
    Oh..okay. Well the only reason I request the translation for the game is because I would like to understand the game and I hear the Koma system is complex(unless there is some type of guide). If anyone disagrees and thinks the game can be played without the translation please tell me. Other than that I guess I'll buy a flashcart.

6. Eternal Myst

Member Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    It's impossible, but if you get a flashcart you can download the rom, and apply the patch to it, and then you can play it in English.

As well as play other translations too.

7. akthewonder
    OP

United States
    Well, what if I already have the ROM with the applied patch on it? Also, if I were to go to gamefaqs or any thing of that nature, it would still be impossible to play the game?

8. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    You can either play it on an emulator or get a flash card for your DS, there is no other way. It is impossible to write to a game cart other than the save data I believe. You can dump the game but you can't save back to the game cart. Nintendo mass produces the game carts and the process they use basically creates the memory where the game resides with the game already imprinted on it, they don't write to the disk as you would with a hard drive.

9. akthewonder
    OP

United States
    I need help patching this onto my MAC, I read the instructions but I feel like I am doing something wrong.

10. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    When you are at home, you can use the patched JUS rom on your computer through an emulator to be able to understand the Japanese gamecart? Just a thought.

11. evoo1

Member evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I'm uploading you the required files for patching the game on a mac right now, check your inbox i a few minutes [​IMG].
    btw: I'll also send you the readme with it [​IMG]

edit: msg sent