Status
Not open for further replies.

tdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you're either a troll, a 13 year old 'look how mature i am' manga obsessive who's horrendously ignorant of american comics or a good satirist. Either way its not worth wasting my time on any further.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
please can everybody stop teasing each other, and give objective notes??

for me , i prefer left to right reading, no offense to manga fan but we need lisibility on this little graphic

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6841/potmw8.png

Thats from the actual game. Surely that conclusively proves that left to right English reading in the game would be more inkeeping with game dev's original intentions?
That's used by manga artists to enforce the English talking of a character. Even in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, when like Joseph talks in English, it's written from left to right, but after a while he talks again in Japanese and it's written from right to left.

aa22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
T F
R O
A R
N M
S !!

Is much easier on the eyes to read since its going to be in English.

I concur.

Most of the English speaking community read English text from left to right. By having the text as such, reading it will indeed be easier on the eyes. On the contrary, reading English text from right to left can be rather disorientating to say the least. Sure, it would be far from manga, but just because this game is based on manga doesn't mean we have to completely adjust and conform to this manga format.

I for one prefer and hope that the text be in the format as seen by the quote attached to this post.

I agree

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think people need to look at the limitations when adding English to little pictures under 100 pixels. If they had more room to work with

TRANS-
FORM!

would work out much better then

T R
A N
S F
O R
M !

That's just as bad as trying to read

F T
O R
R A
M N
! S

Look I know 80% of the fans of this game are fans of the manga showcased in this game, but some things do need to change if its going to be translated for English (and by doing so you're allowing more non-manga English users to enjoy the game). Everyone agreed months ago that "Koma" would be universal when translating the game. It was also agreed to keep the names unchanged (One Piece Roronoa Zoro would stay Zoro although in English its Zolo). Some things are just going to need change.

D

Deleted User

OP
Why as soon as we speak of mangas a lot of trolling angry kids feel the urge to register and share their hatred ? Please if you want to say such stupid things, do it in PM here it's off-topic, also the discussion on the form of text should be done on a Talk: page of the wiki and we shoudl try to keep this topic clean. Have you ever tried fetching some info in the JUS thread or the FFTA2 one ? it's really hard because of the useless off-topic posts.

tdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6841/potmw8.png

Thats from the actual game. Surely that conclusively proves that left to right English reading in the game would be more inkeeping with game dev's original intentions?

That's used by manga artists to enforce the English talking of a character. Even in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, when like Joseph talks in English, it's written from left to right, but after a while he talks again in Japanese and it's written from right to left.

If I've understood you correctly, its sounds more like the write right to left for japanese, and left to right for English because it is the correct way of doing things.

alejo210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
About Dio's name...it's Dio, not DIO. The all-caps name is just to indicate his name in japanese is not written with kanji/katakana.

Also, did a quick try at an edit.

jj01qq5.png

(The line in the manga moments FAQ was screwed up).

Should I change the font/size/layout?

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why as soon as we speak of mangas a lot of trolling angry kids feel the urge to register and share their hatred ? Please if you want to say such stupid things, do it in PM here it's off-topic, also the discussion on the form of text should be done on a Talk: page of the wiki and we shoudl try to keep this topic clean. Have you ever tried fetching some info in the JUS thread or the FFTA2 one ? it's really hard because of the useless off-topic posts.

Actually I am working on _first_ translation under geunt.

About fonts and style - imo there shoud not be any _standart_ font. It's better to use fonts which looks like original hieroglyphs. (I mean if hieroglyphs on image are large, _normal_ and bold - use large and bold arial. If hieroglyphs are aclinic - use comic sans etc.)
That is what i mean
diobrandoai8.png

About PoT example - It's special _long_ line. Like Dio3.

btw it's DIO in-game. And all others are _normal_. I mean Allen, Ichigo etc. So we should keep DIO imo. Too bad it's already Dio in chr_b_t.bin...

alejo210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Actually I am working on _first_ translation under geunt.

About fonts and style - imo there shoud not be any _standart_ font. It's better to use fonts which looks like original hieroglyphs. (I mean if hieroglyphs on image are large, _normal_ and bold - use large and bold arial. If hieroglyphs are aclinic - use comic sans etc.)
That is what i mean
diobrandoai8.png

About PoT example - It's special _long_ line. Like Dio3.

btw it's DIO in-game. And all others are _normal_. I mean Allen, Ichigo etc. So we should keep DIO imo. Too bad it's already Dio in chr_b_t.bin...

I agree with that. The text should fit the "tone" of the text rather than follow a specific font.

Also, it's "The World", not "World" >_>.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i must say that's pretty impossible the save files have nothing to do with the rom translation... :\ and my still works on my CycloDS btw I trimmed the rom with NDSTokyTrim and then applied the patch an dit works greats, not much translated though, but its a start =) and I can see a brilliant end
wink.gif

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to be sort of off-topic, but what exactly is the difference between a "special move KO" and a "special attack KO" mission objective? I can get the attack ones...but I can't seem to figure out the "special move KO" missions.

Edit: Well, I tried it again and it worked this time, disregard this post.

TheMute

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
i must say that's pretty impossible the save files have nothing to do with the rom translation... :\ and my still works on my CycloDS btw I trimmed the rom with NDSTokyTrim and then applied the patch an dit works greats, not much translated though, but its a start =) and I can see a brilliant end
wink.gif
Maybe cuz I patched a clean JUS rom... So I should patch the original rom on my R4, that I trimmed with EZ-Trim+?

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
so i am looking more into editing the graphics from the Black Cat series. it seems like the manga frames may not be in their original order. i think they were cut and pasted to become the shape that they are in now for the komas.

for example, the 4 koma for eve is a straight up and down rectangle made up of four 1x1 squares. i don't think the original manga is like that. the dialogue appearing in the koma may or may not be in order either.

i know the full context of those 4 partial frames says that "Because I still have not defeated him myself yet." but since these are basically clip outs from the original manga.... they may not be in the original order? like the top frame i think probably said "myself" and then the bottom frame says the rest.

so what should we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs