• Replies 1,213
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoroku

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for your answer it made some things clear. But it hasn't changed much of my problem I am still getting the Original Rom has wrong size when using dpspatcher.exe. Of course I have looked everywhere to make sure I was doing the right thing as the program is really easy to use. I've got a folder with the game in it (6rz-ffa2.nds 131mb, jus-eng-dev03_05_08 4.9mb, dpspatcher.exe of course and jus-patcher-U0_1)

When i open dpspatcher i load 6rx-ffa2.nds in the first spot as the original, in the second spot i load jus-eng-dev03_05_08 as the patch and in the last spot i save the modified version as 6rx-ffa2P.nds(seen in some places that you need to place a P at the end but I don't think this is related). when i click patch it tells me that the original rom has wrong size and it creates a 0kb 6rx-ffa2P.nds.

So what is the size of the original rom? I have downloaded it several times and each single time the rom has been 131mb. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have tried everything I could to get rid of that error but never found a rom with a size different to 131mb.

On a side note(related nonetheless). Are emulators running untrimmed roms? Are the downloaded roms untrimmed? and I have understood that an untrimmed rom should be bigger than a trimmed one since trimming is removing unnecessary portions.

Thx in advance I hope I have given enough details to help you comprehend my problem and if not I can provide screenshots to explain visually.

ilea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have the same problem . the text says that the original roms has an incorrect size...but what is the original size??I didn t trim it or something..

and @xoroku an untrimmed rom is bigger than a trimmed rom...

ShinKyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
deufeufeu said:
mazzolatore said:
First of all, I want to thank you for your effort. I really appreciate it.
bow.gif
yaynds.gif

geunt said:
for the quizz and the komas explanation ... when i say too much line ... it s too much line !!!!!!!!!! (17000 for the quizz and 7 lines X 884 komas for komas explantion )
with no interference with the gameplay
the big part of the translation was character sheet, and it take a LOT of time to be translate..... so huge files like this ...... maybe it will be released in 2010......
This file are released on the wiki if someone want to work on it
In my opinion, those two files are not so easy to modify, because to look in there you have to download them!
It's impossible to make an "open translation" under these conditions.
On the contrary, the Ability_t.bin (JUS:Ability_t.bin) is fully EDITable on the wiki, so anybody could translate it.
laugh.gif

I believe quiz & komas explantion would be translated soon, if they were on the Weukeukeu "as webpages".
rolleyes.gif
You're suggesting me to put a really heavy file on my wiki for edition. The db wants to live a bit longer, sorry...

IS the db problem = space problem? Maybe someone else can host them or make an own db for quiz and koma. I'm convinced that the quiz and koma explanation will be translated fast, if you can edit them online.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShinKyo said:
IS the db problem = space problem? Maybe someone else can host them or make an own db for quiz and koma. I'm convinced that the quiz and koma explanation will be translated fast, if you can edit them online.

Are you planning on translating the files if they are put online, or are you just hoping that people are going to spend hours translating thousands of lines of text that almost no one is going to read?

I have nothing against the files being put online. I just think it's a little selfish to ask people to do so much work and get nothing in return. If you do plan on translating at least a few hundred lines yourself, then I retract my comment.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe he meant to put the files online, so everyone can help translate them, which will speed up the process, although they do need some kind of guarantee to be used

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Maybe he meant to put the files online, so everyone can help translate them, which will speed up the process, although they do need some kind of guarantee to be used

I know. I just thought it was somewhat rude to ask for the files to be put online if he doesn't plan on doing any work on them. The files won't hop out of the game and go onto the wiki on their own. Deufeufeu has to spend his time extracting them from the game and adding them to the wiki. After that, they still need to be translated. Finally, they have to be proofreaded and imported back into the game. There are several thousand lines, so this will take A LONG time unless there are many people working on it.

If ShinKyo indirectly volunteered to help translate, then I don't see anything wrong with his request. If he was asking for the files to be put online so that other people can translate them for him, that would be a somewhat selfish request.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
addional info for TOP TOY USERS .... If this fails to load on your TOP TOY fix it with the ARM 7 FIX as per INCREDIBLE HULK/MAX CRASS fix
smile.gif

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Though I already memorized my way around the koma deck builder, it'd be nice to see familiar characters there. Can't wait for the next patch if it ever comes out!

nyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
i tried the patch and it was trimmed to 62.8mb, then i tried playin it and it just came up with either a black screen or a white screen. can you help me?
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.