geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I ve create this topic for keep the main thread clean !
Here you can talk about Komas edition

Link to Komas files :
http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...JUS_Translation

It has been vote that reading must be left to right
you can modify bubbles if you want for obtain more space and try to write a real left to right and no columns (i know , this coul be very difficult)
Komas used 16-bit color png type
The font :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hhgqmx

Please keep the filename or mentionned it
Once done you can post your creation here, i'll do the upload after

96% done !

Now let's work
Here some untranslated komas with the text
This post will be updated each times i got some script about untranslated komas

This is the list of untranslated KOMAS :

Jaguar
pj_14_3ur.png

Sakigake!Otokujuku
oj_07_6V.png
oj_10_2H.png
oj_11_3V.png
oj_13_2V.png
oj_14_3ur.png
oj_20_3V.png

Kochikame
kk_01_2V.png
kk_05_6Oludr.png
kk_06_6Hmru.png
kk_07_7Vdl.png
kk_10_3ur.png
kk_16_3dl.png
kk_19_3ul.png
kk_22_3dr.png
kk_27_2H.png
kk_30_2V.png
kk_31_3ur.png

Kinnikuman
kn_08_8n.png
kn_11_3H.png
kn_17_3H.png
kn_19_2H.png
kn_23_3dl.png

Muyho and Rouji
mr_04_5Hur.png
mr_05_6V.png
mr_11_2H.png
mr_12_3ul.png
mr_18_3H.png

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
for translators:

please look at bl_04.png file. the image is from bleach. it's when ichigo confronts byakuya. if you can help translate that it would be much appreciated. =)

EDIT:

also from bleach, files bl_09.png and bl_10.png needs translation. i think it's just sounds or shouts, but it'll be great to have those translated too. =)

bl_12.png needs translation.

EDIT:

to make it easier for the translators, here are the images from Bleach that still needs translating.

bl04ho8.png

bl09em1.png

bl10sw9.png

bl12iv1.png

bl16kt6.png

bl17ys1.png

bl18nx1.png

bl21bd1.png

bl22um0.png

bl23jc8.png

bl27mq1.png

bl28ot2.png

bl30ih2.png

bl31wc4.png

bl34ge7.png

bl36os2.png

bl39fi3.png

bl41ml6.png

alejo210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I already edited all of Jotaro's komas (jj_00 to jj_06), need to fix some parts though. I'll upload them as soon as that's done.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well here's 14 of the Bleach Komas so far, the rest to come.. : P

BLEACH (BL)

ICHIGO

bl04vw6.png

RUKIA

bl09bc3.png

bl10if0.png

bl12zk2us3.png

RENJI

bl16kt6uy1.png

bl17ys1bv4.png

bl18nx1hb1.png

HITSUGUYA

bl21bd1yw3.png

bl22um0it6.png

bl23jc8zt6.png

ISHIDA

bl28dx6.png

This Technique is called Ransoutengai - Also known as a powerful Quincy technique ever developed.

ORIHIME

bl34ge7gy8.png

KON

bl39pm6.png
or
bl39pm6kq1.png

I prefer using the Japanese one than the English one, but I'll provide both anyways.

Translated and Edited By: Rom Chau

BigBob85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bigbob85.insaneparadox.com
XP
Country
The thing I dont like about the translation, is its just being translated, not being made into proper english. (mind my spelling mistakes)

EXAMPLE 1:
Jap : Long No See!!
Eng : Long Time No See!!

EXAMPLE 2:
Jap : *unreadable text*
Eng : Something about using your "suprise attack"

I dont have my DS with me to tell you what level it was, but im sure this should be special attack.

Will all these be updated before they are implemented?
Maybe once its all done there can be an eng1 to eng2 translation, to make the game more english.. if you know what I mean.

*POSTED IN BOTH TRANSLATION FORUMS BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS SEEN*

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Romruto:

what's the font you used? so that everyone can keep it consistent.

also since the frames are being rearranged in the game, so that some of the text looks split up but are actually connected in game. what's your way of editing?

do you rearrange the koma so that it looks like how it looked in game, and then edit the text, then arrange it back to it's original format (straight up and down)??

do you have manga subbing experience?

D

Deleted User

No, in fact we are planning to add even more mistakes in the final version. Moreover we are thinking into shifting to a caveman translation.

QUOTE(BigBob85 @ Jan 15 2008, 02:50 PM)*POSTED IN BOTH TRANSLATION FORUMS BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS SEEN*
O RLY?

...yes I know, but I couldn't help myself from this little flame...

About komas translation I think you wouldn't mind if we use a little encoding ? We will give a color chart, mapping every character into a color and we will replace text by stream of color. This way we can have perfect english sentences as long as we want ! Or perhaps you want to be able to read it directly and then we have to get some tradeoff...

For all komas editors out there, I'm going to provide another dump of komas with proper layout and accept translation in this format.

EDIT: typo

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
For all komas editors out there, I'm going to provide another dump of komas with proper layout and except translation in this format.
by "except", did you mean "accept"??

if so, should we just wait for now? because it's much easier to edit when they are in the proper layout.

EDIT:

i did a little more research on font selection. i think we should set up some sort of process to at least have some sort of consistency. at the very least, it should be the same font within the same series.

the default for scanlation group to use seems to be a font called WildWords. but you have to pay for the font as it is not free. and some people are starting to deviate and say that each individual font should be chosen for each different manga. because sometimes it just doesn't look right with the style of drawing.

i think i will go back and re-edit because i think Comic Sans is far from the best choice.

someone suggested a font called Anime Ace, which is free and can be obtained at blambot.com. that's a website dedicated to fonts used for comics, it's probably worth checking out and browse through their collection.

dafonts.com and betterfonts.com are couple more website we can check out that are free. go into the "Comics" category for the style of fonts that we are looking for.

i will check out these websites tonight to see if i can find something suitable to use as the default for our project.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The thing I dont like about the translation, is its just being translated, not being made into proper english. (mind my spelling mistakes)

EXAMPLE 1:
Jap : Long No See!!
Eng : Long Time No See!!

EXAMPLE 2:
Jap : *unreadable text*
Eng : Something about using your "suprise attack"

I dont have my DS with me to tell you what level it was, but im sure this should be special attack.

Maybe once its all done there can be an eng1 to eng2 translation, to make the game more english.. if you know what I mean.

*POSTED IN BOTH TRANSLATION FORUMS BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS IMPORTANT AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS SEEN*
Oops my bad, I didn't see my own error.. thanks for letting me know.

D

Deleted User

http://deufeufeu.free.fr/jus/komas/

I'm adding others when I have the time. Keep the color space of the png while editing, and also keep the filename. If you want to differentiate the edited komas from the original you can add a "_t" before the .png in the filename.

EDIT : in fact you can help me, here's the python code reformatting the komas http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Temp:format.py
IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING you can fill the rest of the komas (Before making the edit be sure the script works on your computer with the new values !, I won't even try a non working script, as it will not really be helpful...

EDIT2 Off topic : If you want and if you are actually doing something for this project, you can set your avatar as a koma, this way we can easily keep track of people on this when reading threads.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Romruto:

what's the font you used? so that everyone can keep it consistent.

also since the frames are being rearranged in the game, so that some of the text looks split up but are actually connected in game. what's your way of editing?

do you rearrange the koma so that it looks like how it looked in game, and then edit the text, then arrange it back to it's original format (straight up and down)??

do you have manga subbing experience?
I used "Manga Fonts". Yes I rearrange them to look like the ones in the game and translate them, then I put em back the way they originally were. I don't have Manga subbing experience, but I do do a lot of editing. : P

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll help edit the komas. Don't know moon runes yet, but I have manga editing experience.

BTW I call Jojo's and HnK.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Just did some quick ones. Not sure if the HnK panel's the correnct text, but I remember this panel from the manga, so whatever.
tongue.gif

hnk_02.png

Kenshiro is awesome.

jjba_02.png

Was thinking of something like "gimme a break", but I think Yare Yare Daze sounds cooler.
tongue.gif

jjba_10.png

TOKI WO TOMARE! Yeah, it looks cramped, but it's supposed to. That and my photoshop CS3 is not letting me use a 7pt font. (halp plz)

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just did some Yu-Gi-Oh! panels. All except 2. I'm not very good at repairing pics with text like that.. someone else may have to do it. And 01 doesn't looks the greatest... still.

ygo_01.png

ygo_03.png

ygo_04.png

ygo_05.png

ygo_08.png

And I need a translation of this panel:
yo_07.png

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You only need same font for simple speach

but like Dio 8 komas the world ! a specific font is necessary

BTW the Koma pages will be update soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4