Xgen001

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
any chance of sharing the patch for just now? I am translating at the mo and I would like to see how it is going in real terms.

exactly..
they arent gonna share the patch. read the whole thread. they arent gonna release any betas or anything.

apparently they'll have a few closed betas to test for glitches etc. but nothing to the open public. so there's nothing for you and myself until the patch/translation is 100% finished.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
any chance of sharing the patch for just now? I am translating at the mo and I would like to see how it is going in real terms.

exactly..
but nothing to the open public.

umm lol, *cough*cough* im not the public... im one of the big helpers of this translation -__- wat are you to this? huh?

P.S. im not saying im the biggest helper and stuff i know im not.. but still, im one of the biggest..

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Bad Bullet Ballistic: Welcome to the project man! =) I am sure you can be of great help. wait for beautifulbeast or just go ahead and PM him directly... i am sure he will be happy to hear from you. he'll coordinate. =)

luken27

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well if this is any help I used Google to translate the whole page into English will that be of any help or is their translation not what you guys are looking for?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I did this earlier in the thread but you will find google translation tools less than optimal.

I did me the thread remain first, but you think of that less compared to, the optimum you find the google translation equipment.

I leave the thread first, but the optimum where you find the google translation device concerning that with it is compared less did me who am thought.

I first leave the thread, but from the optimum which finds the google translation device regarding that that is compared thought me of AM which is done a little.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I did this earlier in the thread but you will find google translation tools less than optimal.

I did me the thread remain first, but you think of that less compared to, the optimum you find the google translation equipment.

I leave the thread first, but the optimum where you find the google translation device concerning that with it is compared less did me who am thought.

I first leave the thread, but from the optimum which finds the google translation device regarding that that is compared thought me of AM which is done a little.

i c wut u did thare

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wanna say this is awesome
also how far along is this project?
are the missions objectives being translated?

The project is aiming for a complete localisation, much of the debate right now is between those wanting a full release and those just wanting a half finished one that lacks the encyclopedia and some other choice but has most of the core gameplay.

Right now translation efforts are still ongoing, most of the rom hacking has been done (certainly enough to make for a very quick turnaround when the translation is available) and the already completed sections are being checked over and rewritten as necessary.

A website has been set up to manage the translation which is available for all to see:
http://crisistunity.com/justp/

The hacking parts have been detailed in this thread if you are interested in those, as I seem to be the chief hacker I will be around to discuss that as well.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The project is aiming for a complete localisation, much of the debate right now is between those wanting a full release and those just wanting a half finished one that lacks the encyclopedia and some other choice but has most of the core gameplay.
Maybe we should have a separate thread with a poll to decide once and for all whether we need an unfinished beta or if we can wait for a final, commercial-quality release?

That said I don`t think it`s really community`s choice. It all boils down to decisions of beautifulbeast and FAST6191.
While I believe that current translation database can be dumped pretty easily, I don`t know if FAST6191 has time and will to import the translation into the rom not once, but twice.

Also, whatever happened to the starter of this thread, KINGOFNOOBS? Shouldn`t first post be updated to include summary of the progress or some kind of FAQ? Maybe some mod could take care of that?

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Maybe we should have a separate thread with a poll to decide once and for all whether we need an unfinished beta or if we can wait for a final, commercial-quality release?

well, it really is up to the maker.. ya..
tongue.gif
i dont really want to have like a beta.. cause i dont want bugs and stuff in it while i play >.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This project looks like it is coming along nicely. Good job everyone for actually keeping this going ^^; When I saw this topic a few months ago, it just kinda seemed like people with an idea, and now it seems like its actually going to be finished
biggrin.gif

I check this thread every few days cause i'm waiting for this to get done to play the game for my first time =P

I bought the game... went online before even playing and saw how confusing it would be to play... Keep up the good work ^^;;

ok im done rambling XD

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is all of the text in the game actual text, or is some of it graphical? If there's anything graphical that needs to be translated, I'd probably be interested in making the new graphics (I'm a professional animator) so I know what I'm doing in that regard, but I don't know enough about rom hacking to do the actual graphics hacking.

If there's any graphical work that needs to be done, just tell me what it is and what file type, color limitations, resolution, etc... should be used and I'll do the work.

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

That said I don`t think it`s really community`s choice. It all boils down to decisions of beautifulbeast and FAST6191.
While I believe that current translation database can be dumped pretty easily, I don`t know if FAST6191 has time and will to import the translation into the rom not once, but twice.

Also, whatever happened to the starter of this thread, KINGOFNOOBS? Shouldn`t first post be updated to include summary of the progress or some kind of FAQ? Maybe some mod could take care of that?
I'm here, I don't have much technical skill, nor can I translate, so I just watch. You need a FAQ? What else?

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

I'm here, I don't have much technical skill, nor can I translate, so I just watch.

wow lol xD oh my.. that caught me by surprise
tongue.gif

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This project is one of the only reasons I am keeping DS and not selling it for the PSP (for homebrew).

This and It's A Wonderful World!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)