Jump Force to be delisted, online services for the game to be shut down

header (4).jpg

A mere three years after its release, and Bandai Namco's Jump Force will be delisted. Early next year, digital copies of the game will be removed from all currently available platforms--PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even the Nintendo Switch, where the game only just launched on last year. DLC and virtual currency will also no longer be able to be purchased. Jump Force originally released on February 2019, and is a crossover 3D fighting game that features characters from popular anime series, such as Dragon Ball, One Piece, My Hero Academia, and other Shonen Jump franchises.

Not only will the game be delisted, but online services will be shut down as well. While the game itself will be taken off storefronts on February 7, 2022, but the servers will stay up for a few months after, only for the plug to be pulled on August 25, 2022. This means events, the in-game store, and all online matches will be unavailable after that date.

:arrow: Source

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get this franchise.
I remember back in the day this was kinda the game to import to have a DS Smash clone that's fun to play but then i tried the Vita entry (many years later) and it just wasn't fun at all. Then this game was unveiled and the god awful art-style was enough to turn me away from it. This is a collab game of the weebiest anime, why are you using a realistic artstyle like that. Dragon Ball Fighter Z was a blast to play and I'm not even a Dragon Ball fan.
your points stands, except I'd argue Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is weebier than Jump Force is.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least it had physical releases so folks can still buy if they want. I *tried* playing the PS3 version and the framerate was a mess.

Don't know how it runs on Vita, but it can't be this bad. So, get it on Vita or PS4 if you must.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP to the 2 people that bought that trash game. It was too ambitious of a project that just didn't live up to the hype. Good riddance.
Technically, it's another Tenkaichi game, but with characters from different franchises. Thing is, it's nowhere near as fun or as playable as Tenkaichi was (at least on PS3).

Edit: I've confused it with J-Stars Victory VS+. Oops. To be fair, it's kinda the same thing.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be worth it to pick up a couple of the steam keys for the future. Games like Dark souls PTD and Marvel Ultimate Alliance's Keys sell for +100$ because they're delisted. This one may be worth something later on down the line

Because they are good games. Not the case with this one. I doubt it will be worth anything.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing the horrible crossover games for the PS2 don't use online services.

Yeah there were things like these back then, I have a One Piece/Naruto and Dragon Ball Z cross one that only has the intro as good the game itself is terrible.
Ah! i remember that Smash clone, yeah it sucked.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battle Stadium D.O.N.? I love that game, if only because of how over the top it is and I get to play as Gokū on a Smash-like game.

I wish there was an English patch somewhere 'cause I'd always fail to do the challenges shown.
Yep! that one. There's only a few characters (12?), even fewer arenas, the moves are lacking, no story mode IIRC, things to unlock etc.. So i always got bored, once the novelty wears off..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: