Jump Force to be delisted, online services for the game to be shut down

header (4).jpg

A mere three years after its release, and Bandai Namco's Jump Force will be delisted. Early next year, digital copies of the game will be removed from all currently available platforms--PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even the Nintendo Switch, where the game only just launched on last year. DLC and virtual currency will also no longer be able to be purchased. Jump Force originally released on February 2019, and is a crossover 3D fighting game that features characters from popular anime series, such as Dragon Ball, One Piece, My Hero Academia, and other Shonen Jump franchises.

Not only will the game be delisted, but online services will be shut down as well. While the game itself will be taken off storefronts on February 7, 2022, but the servers will stay up for a few months after, only for the plug to be pulled on August 25, 2022. This means events, the in-game store, and all online matches will be unavailable after that date.

:arrow: Source

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really don't get this franchise.
I remember back in the day this was kinda the game to import to have a DS Smash clone that's fun to play but then i tried the Vita entry (many years later) and it just wasn't fun at all. Then this game was unveiled and the god awful art-style was enough to turn me away from it. This is a collab game of the weebiest anime, why are you using a realistic artstyle like that. Dragon Ball Fighter Z was a blast to play and I'm not even a Dragon Ball fan.

Reactions: 6Kyojin4

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm shocked! The game is not amazing but it's a shame they are giving up on it entirely so soon. It's not a nice move for people that bought the game, as it will (kind of) ruin their experience, but, in this digital era, money will always dictate how long things will last. And now I have a Nintendo Switch game that has become useless/obsolte. Oh well... :huh:

Reactions: x65943

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game sucks and was a huge letdown for fans of the DS games.

It is mind boggling really, with the super increase of interest in establishing the "platform fighter" genre lately, they had a winning formula to maximize capitalizing.

And then they screwed it all up with shallow 3d trash.

Reactions: Kioku

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be worth it to pick up a couple of the steam keys for the future. Games like Dark souls PTD and Marvel Ultimate Alliance's Keys sell for +100$ because they're delisted. This one may be worth something later on down the line

Reactions: x65943

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good thing the horrible crossover games for the PS2 don't use online services.

Yeah there were things like these back then, I have a One Piece/Naruto and Dragon Ball Z cross one that only has the intro as good the game itself is terrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol