Judge Allows Sony to Unmask Anybody Who Visited GeoHot Site

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that legally, this was a bad decision for Sony.

What Hotz's lawyers have to do now is that this was a massive breach of privacy with no gain - Sony doesn't gain shit from knowing my IP address, they already know it from every time I log onto PSN.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
well that's actually good news ,so i will just keep refreshing geohot web page over and over and then what for sony ...................with an automatic gun
evil.gif

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have said this time and time again but FUCK SONY!!!!! who the hell do they think they are in everbodys ip's its not g oing to fucking help them anyway

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just don't understand. Isn't this a invasion of privacy? How in the world did this get passed? Just because people watch a video and modified there ps3s they want ALL of there ips?

It's just stupid, even if they are just using to build a better case, why go to all the trouble?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I might give them my personal address and number, it will be faster. I'll ask for some privacy for Christmas 2011, I hope it won't be already sold out.

But seriously, what can they do with a bunch of IP addresses ? It doesn't prove anything, and won't be useful at all... I am disappointed, Sony. Really disappointed.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe the judge actually granted that. It's a stupid move that doesn't do shit. I mean, aside from how many people watched the video and went on the website, what info does it give Sony?

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
jeez, I don't think any company has had this much of a bitchfit about their console getting hacked in the history of ever.
Imagine if Nintendo or Microsoft tried to pull something like this?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i can even post my face pic (what i havent done on temp even) if sony wants it. Wasnt there an argument that sony is not doing this to "know" the people but gather evidence that people are watching videos that relate to piracy.
as said, IP addresses are not that informative esp since the ISP also has to be contacted for more info (u really think an ISP would care or give the info?)
plus an account of any sort is still not that much information that you did something especially if you are living far away from sony's reach (hence my first message before the parenthesis)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night