Jtaged Xbox and linux

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by happydance, Feb 18, 2010.

Feb 18, 2010

Jtaged Xbox and linux by happydance at 5:34 PM (832 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. happydance

Member happydance GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    it's been quite some time now that i've jtaged my console everything works fine XBR, XEXmenu, Emulators and homebrews.

and so in my exploration on my homebrew enabled xbox, i want to try linux with it and read a few about it but i still got some questions i couldn't find and here it is

-can i boot a linux live CD on XBR? since it can run unsigned code xell and stuff... can it?
    -if i where to boot a live CD on XBR can i install it on my HD (official one's)
    -can i only boot linux live CD's on "XELL" and not on XBR? i asked about this since i want run linux without first flashing XELL and play games and flash again XBR.
    -what is the best linux distro to use on xbox 360?
  2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    1)Xell allows unsigned code, XBR allows it but has provisions for the kernel as well. Note however that xell still remains on a hacked system (XBR does not remove it). Boot with tray ejected is usual way of launching xell (although we suggest xellous over xell these days).

2) Yes http://www.free60.org/Main_Page although they are quite old at this point (first being made for the old king kong hack and not really seeing any work for some time now- this includes some of the later developments).

3) See 1

4) Having not used one I am not about to call it, looking at what is available I would probably rate it as toy linux though (not as developed as say the original xbox and way overpowered in some ways and underpowered in others).