Jtag+XSATA=Fail?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Christopho, Jan 22, 2010.

Jan 22, 2010

Jtag+XSATA=Fail? by Christopho at 3:11 PM (2,257 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry if this has been asked but it was the morning and I had to go somewhere in 4 min of writing this. Anyway, can you transfer DLC with XSATA from Datel? Is this the worst or best choice for transfering files? Also, has anyone had experience hooking it up to the 360 as I've heard that the knobs on the XSATA don't even fit the 360.

Thanks In Advance~

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am not sure if DLC has been properly cracked yet- I saw some people trying but nothing has appeared on the scene, XBLA stuff certainly and updates can be used by anyone but DLC is a different matter.

All this being said as far as I am aware the last few XeXMenu have FTP enabled so I would say use those instead.

3. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Last I checked you can get DLC by Jtag'ing your console then using a rebooter (Xexbooter and another one I forgot the name).

4. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Well I just got my hands on an NFO from earlier today, I stand corrected (I saw people trying it with borderlands but not getting very far).

Call.Of.Duty.World.At.War.Map.Pack.1-2-3.READNFO.DLC.USA.XBOX360-FYK

Code:
    *****************************************************************************
    FYK PresentsCall.Of.Duty.World.At.War.Map.Pack.1-2-3.READNFO.DLC.USA.XBOX360-FYK
    ******************************************************************************

Release Information

Type: XBLA
    Platform: XBOX 360
    More Info: www.xbox.com
    Part Size: 15MB
    Compression Format: RAR
    File Validation: SFV
    Copy Protection: XBL

Release Notes

Downloaded from Xbox LiVE, Bought These Map Packs
    and the update files are included the TU files go in Cache of the hhd
    Thus not a P2P Release!

Pre patched For XBReboot 3

Tested on XENON and a Zypher XBOX 360 XBReboot 3 Latest Dash

NEVER SAFE FOR LiVE!

Install Notes

Install to Xbox 360 HDD
    Place files from Cache folder in >> hdd:/partition3/Cache
    Place in folder >> hdd:/partition3/content/0000000000000000/
    Then your done. Turn on Xbox and go to Game Library

5. moosh01

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    A lot of dlc has been confirmed working on JTAGED boxes. The majority nof it being Rock Band DLC songs. But also many map packs for games have been confirmed working. The consensus is that all current DLC is working on Jtagged boxes. I would not be surprised if in the near future microsoft came up with a fix for DLC witch would make it not work on Jtagged consoles even with the most curent title updates.

6. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    I would say it's the worst, because it has to be connected to the 360 to work. Also, it's expensive. If cost's not an issue, go with X-port, it's the same company's other product and lets you connect the drive to the PC without also having it connected to the 360.

But the cheapest thing to do is get a Hard Drive Transfer Kit.

7. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    @tbgtbg in the week or two since this thread was made we have seen a fair bit of work happening on the homebrew front and while it is not quite a broad standard yet (just about everything on the original xbox supported FTP in one form or another and most of those were rock solid) we do have a list of fairly stable FTP apps or dashboard replacements with FTP support.

8. DirtyH

Newcomer DirtyH Advanced Member

Germany
    the cheapest thing to do, is to open the harddrive enclosure and connect your xbox hdd directly to your pc
    all you need is a SATA cable [​IMG]

9. Christopho
    OP

United States
    Thanks everyone, but the question was resolved lolz. I asked the person that is JTag'ing my 360 and he said to just get a hdd data transfer cable (also as tbgtbg said) so I went and got one off ebay for $6 with shipping.

@FAST6191 No offense but I don't see how tbgtbg mentioned anything about FTP crap and support o.O Thanks for trying to help though ^-^

10. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    I agree he did not mention anything about FTP, we were discussing methods and if you have homebrew I say FTP is now by far and away the best method.