Jtag xbox with 2.0.12611.0 update question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi All,

I have a jtag xbox 360 with the above firmware and was trying to go online but its asking for an update.
    Is it safe for me to update?
    Also after update some games like Fable 3 + Need For Speed Hot Pursuit come up as disc unreadable but can be fixed by applying dash launch 2.06.

Cheers

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Never ever let official updates near your JTAG 360 except if you want avatar data from a dashboard you are already at.

If you do run a newer update depending on the setup you might be able to pull it back (see efuses) but it will take fiddling with hardware.

3. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Thanks FAST you are greatttt.
    Got everything working perfect but when i try to go online it asks me to update and im not sure if i should risk it.
    What do you think?

Cheers

4. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The answer would be NO - to run the update would = official update. To quote FAST: "Never ever let official updates near your JTAG 360".

As far as I am aware you should not go online with your JTag... Or if you did you would get instant banned... (So I believe)

5. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Plain and simple, JTAGS DO NOT BELONG ONLINE.

6. mocalacace

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    He wasnt trying to update his JTAG to get online, maybe you should actually read the post

And I love how less than a year ago everyone was all "OMG JTAGS ONLINE LET ME IN A LOBBY" and now once the creators of freeboot stopped and said their intentions werent to allow online cheating and business everyone jumped on the bandwagon and says "Oh yeah yeah JTAGs were meant only for online use (even though a month ago they were begging to get into a lobby)"

7. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have not ever condoned online cheating. Fine that a new rebooter is needed occasionally for some newer features (Kinect with the 12611 update for example), but the cheating drives me nuts. I've had a Jtag since XBR (before freeBOOT was a single NAND option), and a flashed 360 for XBL. It pisses me off when there are people winning, not due to skill, but to a blatent cheat. SO PISS OFF IF YOU DON"T LIKE MY OPINION.