JTAG save the profile to external hdd?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Evilengine, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Evilengine
    OP

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Hey, I let my xbox modify with a firmware flash and a JTAG mod. I dont have a memory unit or a xbox hdd, just an external hdd. the first partition on it is in WBFS format for wii, the second one is in FAT 32 format. I know, that it is not good to create a profile on the internal 256/512mb space from my xbox because of XBR files or so. Is there a way to use my FAT 32 partition for the profile/savegames etc.? I dont want to buy one of those expensice memory units and I dont need a xbox hdd so much... please help [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    A JTAG hacked 360 will support any SATA drive if you shove it in the required socket (you can go manual if you want: http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/18/how-to-...-laptop-part-1/ or you can use something like http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30826 ). A quick scan of Amazon Germany says drives bigger than anything the 360 normally sees go cheap and I am sure you can pick up an small sata drive for next to nothing.

As for what you want to do it would not work and even then I would strongly advise against it.

3. Evilengine
    OP

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    hm ok thank you, i know the one from dealextreme, but i want to use my xbox as fast as possible and dealextreme shipping takes sometimes 6 weeks or so for me... ^^
    well, i will get a cheap used original 360 hdd, i will use this first and then i will put a 500gb or 1tb hdd in it...

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    That would be my third choice but even official 20 gig drives go for silly money, they are just as good for ripping apart though.