Jtag, save not loading, help.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Armadillo, Jun 27, 2010.

Jun 27, 2010

Jtag, save not loading, help. by Armadillo at 7:06 PM (1,880 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just finished Jtaging my box and all is well except for one thing, my rockband 2 save won't load.

It just comes up save could not be loaded or something like that, then disables the device for saving [​IMG]. The save shows up fine under nxe (doesn't say corrupt or anything), just won't load in rockband. The saves for my other games load fine, just rockband 2 that does not.

Rockband 2 is using a title update so the dlc works, would that stop the save loading?

Quick update

Deleted the title update and it still won't load [​IMG]. Just don't get it, everything else does.

2. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

delete the old save file and see if it saves new

3. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    It does, if the save is created on the jtag box, it'll load it. It just won't load the one that was created on my old flashed box.

I've tried four different copies of it (I back up my saves every few months) and all the same. Shows up fine in nxe (doesn't show corrupt), but rock band 2 gives failed to load save for unknown reason.

It's not just rockband, it seems to be any from that series of games.

Rockband 1 = Save failed to load for unknown reason
    Rockband 2= Save failed to load for unknown reason
    Rockband beatles=Save failed to load for unknown reason.

Only save they will load is one created on the jtag console.

Every other save I have loads, only the ones from the rockband series of games that refuse to load [​IMG].

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Afraid I do not play rockband but I have not run across this before and I am stumped as to why this might be happening. Only thing I can think of is that the save is locked to your old console (a few games work like this).

Have you tried something like http://www.xbox360-content.com/forums/xbox...e-you-post.html (le fluffie mainly*) and possibly http://www.xbox360-content.com/forums/xbox...ealgorithm.html

/partition3/content//// if you just copied the drive across and once in le fluffie it should all be available in the security tab once you open the file up.

5. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Save shouldn't be locked to the console, it isn't the first time it has been moved about. I had a flashed console and it died, then got another and flashed that, then got the one I have now and jtag'd it. So it was fine when going from first flashed console to the second, just not from the flashed to the jtag.

Also I was under the impression that if a save is locked to a console, then in nxe it should show as corrupt, mine don't, show up like every other save, game just gives the stupid failed to load for unknown reason [​IMG]. Seriously, what sort of crap error message is that, it aint exactly helpful.

Anyway onto lefluffie, I tried that, same deal, failed to load for unknown reason [​IMG]. Never played with resigners before, so I assumed I was meant to just open the save in it, and hit the "fix it" button? or was there something specific I was meant to do? Had a look about, but most tutorials for it seem to be for hacking achievements (no interest in that, seems a pointless thing to do).

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah I meant just press fix it. You probably could use something simpler like consaver though (or at least try it if the more complex stuff works).