Gaming Jtag hack Zephyr 360 noob questions!

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, i know this has been covered elsewhere, i;ve read loads about it here & on xbox scene forums, waht im loooking for is some simple answers all in one place as its a bit of a minefield at the moment as far as the info out there goes.

Basically, i wanna get homebrew up & running on an old 360 zephyr

Do i *need* resistors/diodes etc? I have an old printer cable & the nessecary port on my PC

can anyone give me one link, that they have used for a zephy console that will guide a noob like me through the whole process, from start to finish including getting the cpu key, reading the nand & booting the rebooter?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So as to avoid confusion:

Diodes: soldered to the mainboard as part of the hack. Necessary if you want to do the hack, not necessary if you only want to play with the NAND.

Resistors: used in the cable as the parallel ports in some computers run at 5v (obviously you need to account for floating ground as you would when powering a drive from your 360: PC and 360 case electrically joined) while others run at 3.3v.
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pagename=Free60JtagHack says that they are not truly necessary and I agree but playing it safe is simple enough (you are already going to sacrifice a cable, why is using a few resistors going to be a problem?).

The NFOs for xbrebooter (Freeboot still requires a chip but also has a good NFO) have blow by blow and between the two links you now have the JTAG hack is not going to get any simpler although if you want have a read of some of the uncrippling the 360 guides as they also have how to deal with the NAND.

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks man. I jsut had a few hours free & no means of getting hold of the resistors.

I'll make a trip to Maplins tomorrow & get what i need
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality