Emulation JS-VBA-M

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had seen the X86 javascript emulator but I find this more amusing. I will have to look further into this webGL stuff as well.

ILOVEPIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohan.sdsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
This took me less time than expected because I used the Emscripten C/C++ to Javascript translator.
It took me like a week and a half to make this.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this work with the 3DS? Or PSP?
You know what would be a really easy way to find out? Trying it.

Although I'm fairly sure neither of those devices support WebGL. And the PSP can run homebrew even on the latest OFW, so there is absolutely no reason to run an emulator in the browser.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This won't run any ROM for me on Firefox 15.0.1, not even Pokemon Ruby which works in the video... Anything I try to play just results in a black or white screen with 0% in the top left.

ILOVEPIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohan.sdsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
This won't run any ROM for me on Firefox 15.0.1, not even Pokemon Ruby which works in the video... Anything I try to play just results in a black or white screen with 0% in the top left.
Firefox does not handle some javascript correctly, as such, the current build of firefox does not work with the emulator, try Google Chrome.

Update:

I just published an update that fixes the smudged pixels and stuff of the last version of the emulator. I was using the HQ versions of the filters by accident, now it should run both faster and look better.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does this work with the 3DS? Or PSP?
You know what would be a really easy way to find out? Trying it.
Uh, yeah. But here is the thing, I don't have a 3DS and my PSP doesn't have internet. That's why I asked the question in the first place.

Although I'm fairly sure neither of those devices support WebGL.
So if you are so sure, why suggest to try it in the first place?

And the PSP can run homebrew even on the latest OFW, so there is absolutely no reason to run an emulator in the browser.
That's completly irrelevant to the question.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my Firefox to 16.0. I just get a white screen when I run games on it. Why's that?

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda didn't like Chrome eating up my processor and RAM with multiple processes running on my system so I'll take a pass on this one until someone fixes it.

ILOVEPIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohan.sdsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Great News!
I just released an update for JS-VBA-M that was compiled on the latest version of emscripten, which means it may work in more browsers now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Billies Jeans did not