JRPG suggestions for the xbox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by airrunner, Jan 9, 2012.

Jan 9, 2012
  1. airrunner
    OP

Newcomer airrunner Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all, i am looking to get my teeth into a few more offerings in the Jrpg department. Now i know there isn't a plethora of western titles available, but im hoping there are some which may have slipped under the radar.

I would like to add that i have recently completed eternal sonata and absolutely loved the game, and i have just recently purchased tales of vesperia.

Is there anything else similar?

Many thanks in advanced :)

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Wikipedia has a entry on Xbox 360 games, Maybe you could check there for some other JRPG's.

http://www.xboxer360.com/features/top-5-jrpgs-on-the-xbox-360/
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100219073956AA1Kp02

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I'll list all the Jrpgs I own for the 360:

Resonance of Fate
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Enchanted Arms
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope aka Star Ocean 4
    Tales of Vesperia

All of these are really awesome games, some of them might not please everyone and have somewhat low scores in review websites, but all of their stories and gameplay are fun imho.
    If you like Star Ocean games, you should def try Star Ocean 4, which actually serves as the prequel for all the other games (in terms of timeline it's the first one), Lost Odyssey has a gorgeous story and the characters are really well done, it also somewhat side stories that tell you about the main char's past, some of them are really beautiful and moving, in Enchanted Arms you have a pretty typical anime hero, he has some kind of power that makes others dislike him but is best friends with the best student and coolest guy who all girls like, but it has quite a plot twist and the gameplay and the robots you can use when you fight is pretty awesome, Infinite Undiscovery is a game that has a really nice world, the main char is pretty much a wuss at first, all he can do is play the flute and doesn't really know how to fight, however he looks just like a really famous hero that's saving the world so he's mistook for that very hero and his adventure begins, unwillingly. Lastly ther's Resonance of Fate, it's not your typical Jrpg, but it's really enjoyable, I specially love the fact that you can get new costumes, hair, glasses, etc... You can costumise the main chars clothes and styles, it's kinda pointless for most, but I love making my char look diferent after each chapter. =3

2 people like this.
  4. airrunner
    OP

Newcomer airrunner Member

United Kingdom
    Thank you very much for the detailed information on these titles. Infinite undiscovery looks exactly the sort of thing i would entertain, thanks very much im going to hit ebay now :)

5. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Infinite Undiscovery is a hidden jewel from Square Enix, it's pretty good and has 3 DVD's or something... Can't really remember how many there were, it's a lenghty game. x3

6. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Lost Odyssey is really good and also Resonance of Fate has an original fun battle system.
    Both games as well as the others on the list by Skelletonike are well worth a look in and really cheap now.
    Also FFXIII, though not generally liked by the masses, is still a good game.

I am currently playing Dark Souls and am completely hooked!

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Nier

While it's not similar to the kawaii RPGs you asked for, it's a damn good game, cheap as hell now and you'll be missing out by alot if you skipped this.

8. Kijof

Newcomer Kijof Advanced Member

Brazil
    I'm playing Lost Odyssey and so far it's the best classic jrpg from this generation.

9. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Here are some that I know about. This won't be a good list, as I'm using my tablet right now, so bear with me.

Eternal Sonata
    Tales of Vesperia
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Enchanted Arms
    Blue Dragon
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

At the time, this is all I know of. I'm definitely editing this when I get to a computer.

10. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States

11. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Tales of Vesperia - Overall, my favorite 360 JRPG. Great story, great combat system
    Nier - Very close second. A fantastic story, interesting characters (Kaine

12. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    Sorry buut I cant resist pointing out that 2 people recommended you play eternal sonata

did they not read the topic title?(well one did :P afterwards)