JPN&USA import PSOne games coming to EU PSN

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Aug 2, 2011.

Aug 2, 2011
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Publishers who own the rights to release PSone titles that were previously only available in the US and/or Japan will now be able to apply to have them released on the SCEE PlayStation Stores (providing they are rated by the appropriate ratings boards for each territory).

All titles will be published ‘as is’, with either English or Japanese language game content where available.

All titles will run at 60 Hz and you will need a 60 Hz capable display to play them properly.

This also means that if a PAL version of a title has been unable to pass QA in SCEE, but the NTSC version is already available on the PlayStation Store in SCEA or SCEJ, we can look at publishing that version instead.[/p]Source

Not too bothered about Japanese imports but the last bit is what I'm glad to here.
    If you do not already know, putting PSOne games onto PSN isn't just a dump and go, they require testing and a whole lot more. If the game has too many bugs, it will not get accepted. So this means if a USA game got published on PSN but the PAL had too many bugs then it wouldn't get published at all.

Even more reason for Capcom to put BoFIV on EU PSN

2. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    LOVE THIS

I want Blood Omen in French.. NOW!!

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I think you missed the part where they mentioned that the games would be "as is." As in, no extra translations. The Japanese games will be Japanese, and the US games will be English.

4. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    holy.. now im sad ><
    i did and thx for correcting me