Gaming [JPN] Official ‘Pokémon Black’ and ‘White’ Thread

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,176,799
  • Replies 8,959
D

Deleted_171835

OP
What do you guys want to see in Pokemon 'Black' and 'White'?

I would like to see character customization. Most of the time, the character looks horrible. When you enter the Battle/Trading room in DPPt/HGSS you see a bunch of preset sprites like the 'Bug Catcher' and 'Fisherman'. It would add an extra level of immersion if they allowed you to change what the protagonist is wearing rather than have a preset look.

I wouldn't mind different starter types. We've had water, grass and fire for a long time. I've grown accustom to seeing a new water/grass/fire starter every generation. I would like Dark, Psychic and Fighting starters like rumoured for Diamond and Pearl.

We need improved battle animation. Right now, you see an small moving waterfall and hear some sound effects when you use the move Waterfall. You don't actually see the Pokemon starting and ending the move waterfall. We obviously wouldn't be able to get animation like Battle Revolution but the Nintendo DS is capable enough to handle some better animations.

A different storyline would be great. Every game has an almost identical storyline. Trainer ____ meets Professor ____ and gets a starter Pokemon. Team _____ tries to use the Pokemon ____ to destroy/conquer the world and so on. It gets repetitive especially if you played Pokemon since the hey-days. I would like 16 gyms like in HeartGold/SoulSilver instead of the traditional 8 gyms. A bigger world-map would also be great. Diamond and Pearl seemed big because there was so much back-tracking.

Gamakireta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
New transportation (airplane or rocket maybe
rolleyes.gif
) and an In-game "Speed-hack"

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Exbaddude said:
Should change video in topic post. It's copyrighted, so it doesn't work anymore. ):
Fixed it.
I'll download the video and upload it so it doesn't get taken down.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see an improved HM system. I hate having to use several HM slaves to get access to a particular area of the game.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would actually like to be able to delete HM's without the move deleter, it's annoying when 1 of your pokemon is gonna learn a killer move but there's no space. They will never change it though.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wooooow I never knew about this pokemon black and white yet... now im excited
mad.gif

My friend was like "RACISTTTT!! Why didn't they make pokemon asian too?!!??!"

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crazzy1 said:
They did. It's called Pokémon Yellow. It's on the GBC.
frown.gif
They might be saying that Yellow is not as superior as Black and White.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Crazzy1 said:
frown.gif

This made my day.

I can't wait for the games. I really wanna see them take the DS's capabilities to the extreme.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3d is going to be super ugly but i think if they would use a simlar card like the one of the dstwo with inbuild proccesor that it might suprise us but this is just stupid to think about.

Luichi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
YayMii said:
Crazzy1 said:
frown.gif

On the earth, first came asians then the blacks and whites xD
blacks and whites are descended from asians =s

lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarvesh50 said:
3d is going to be super ugly but i think if they would use a simlar card like the one of the dstwo with inbuild proccesor that it might suprise us but this is just stupid to think about.

It's not even real 3-D, it's the same engine as probably Platinum and HG/SS, just with a different angle. And these angles were used in select areas in those games. If you really think it needs a special cart to run well enough, then you really don't know what you're talking about.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Guild McCommunist said:
Sarvesh50 said:

It's not even real 3-D, it's the same engine as probably Platinum and HG/SS, just with a different angle. And these angles were used in select areas in those games. If you really think it needs a special cart to run well enough, then you really don't know what you're talking about.
I'm pretty sure the developer said it uses a new engine.
Doesn't seem like it though. It looks like HeartGold with the 'angle hack'.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Nikolay said:
Where did you see them saying it uses a new engine?
I can't find the source right now. I'll look for it later.

--
QUOTE(Ferrariman @ Apr 25 2010, 05:13 PM) Are they gonna do something to the battle system or they just letting it rot.
It looks better than it did before. I don't see any major changes other than the perspective, though.
The sprites seem to be the same ugly ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup