Hardware JP vs NA vs EU New 3DS

jajhohner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Edit: Can a mod change my topic title if possible? By including the words "online" and "region". That way it will be easier for people who also have the same question to find this topic.

I couldn't find a clear answer on this other than one sorta vague topic.

If I wanna play my NA version of MH/Smash4 with a New 3DS online, does it matter which region the console is? I will be using Gateway and waiting for support. I ask because I seem to remember having issues trying to play MH4 JP online with my current console about half a year ago.

Is there anything else I need to take into consideration? Other than the system being in Japanese. Will it be able to play ok with my NA console via local?

JP consoles are being sold at about half the price NA/EU consoles are being sold where I live and easier to get, which is why I'm considering it.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since GW is region free, I can't see online being an issue. I'm assuming the issue you had previously was either a missing header on the ROM, or it was not named .3DZ with a compatible online header.

Reactions: jajhohner

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for local multiplayer, some games are region locked and others aren't, and whether the consoles are region unlocked or not doesn't matter there

Reactions: jajhohner

jajhohner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I seem to recall the problem being having to accept an agreement, though I probably didn't have it as a .3dz back then either. Does the agreement thing ring any bells? What problem did that refer to?

Anyway thanks for the bit of info. So no reason *not* to get a JP N3DS other than the off chance support might fall through and I can't play even my US carts on it. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Drones? You mean Nintendo is spying on us?