GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello!

i need to modify an american wii into japanese to buy tickets and play joysound karaoke.

does it really work? can someone give a tutorial to do this? i alredy look and i can't find a good explanation to do that...

the best tutorial that i found was this:

joysound tutorial (incomplete)

but the person doesn't tested with the original game, so i can't say if it works =(

thanks!

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
who are you and what have you done with g0dlike?!
laugh.gif
anyway, have you tried region changing your wii and your shop channel region to jpn?

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fudgenuts64 said:
who are you and what have you done with g0dlike?!
laugh.gif
anyway, have you tried region changing your wii and your shop channel region to jpn?

lol, i am his doppelgänger.
yay.gif
rofl2.gif

well, the thing is... i don't have a wii yet. i really want one because of this game. so it's difficult to find a japanese wii in my country, and i can't import this because of the taxes, so i'm planning to buy an american modded wii and convert this to japanese.

but before that i want to know if somebody has done this, and if joysound works fine with region and shop changing.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to change your entire region. You only need a way to play different region games (like with priiloader hacks or whatever) and change your Wii shop region.

WARNING:

Anything you purchaced legally through the shop channel will be lost because the first thing you have to do is remove your shop account from your Wii.

The second thing you need to do is fire up anyregionchanger, and change your shop channel to Japanese. My wife is Japanese so I do this very thing with that exact game
tongue.gif

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
urherenow said:
You don't need to change your entire region. You only need a way to play different region games (like with priiloader hacks or whatever) and change your Wii shop region.

WARNING:

Anything you purchaced legally through the shop channel will be lost because the first thing you have to do is remove your shop account from your Wii.

The second thing you need to do is fire up anyregionchanger, and change your shop channel to Japanese. My wife is Japanese so I do this very thing with that exact game
tongue.gif
Can I use gekko to play different region games? I'm asking because the american wii that I'll buy comes with gekko(and homebrew channel too).
So I need the original game and anyregionchanger, right?

And about the downgrade...do I have to do that?

I'm afraid to brick the wii with anyregionchanger...can you explain the steps that you've done?

Sorry to bother you, but I really need to confirm this before buying my wii and import the original game. And thanks a lot!
bow.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
who are you and what have you done with g0dlike?! anyway, have you tried region changing your wii and your shop channel region to jpn?

This is a weird feeling...

Doppelgänger
smile.gif
listen:

I used AnyRegionchanger to set the shopchannel to JPN(1) and I used preloader to enable regionfree games and channels.

Hope this helps...

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
G0dLiKe said:
fudgenuts64 said:
who are you and what have you done with g0dlike?! anyway, have you tried region changing your wii and your shop channel region to jpn?

This is a weird feeling...

Doppelgänger
smile.gif
listen:

I used AnyRegionchanger to set the shopchannel to JPN(1) and I used preloader to enable regionfree games and channels.

Hope this helps...
Haha, I use this nick since 2002 in another forums...it's a coincidence to have other Godlike here, hehe

Thanks for the help! Another thing...my wii have to be modded to do this? Or it works on a non-modded wii too?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
You will need any region changer to do that.

However, in order for this to work, you must format the shop channel account (due to nintendo being assholes and adding in extra security).

1 - Format the wii shop channel account (have to go into the wii shop channel online to do this).

Note: at this point, do not go back into the wii shop channel, otherwise it will just create a new us channel accont.

2 - Using homebrew, open any region changer.

3 - Change the country code to '01'.

4 - Save changes and exit to the wii menu.

5 - Now go back into the wii shop channel. Just follow the instructions and it will create a japan wii shop channel account.

6 - Now you will need to purchase some japanese wii points. I recommend getting them from here. I use a credit card.

7 - Once you get some points, buy the games.

8 - Make sure to use preloaders regionfree games and channels hack to play your bought JPN games...

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
G0dLiKe said:
Yeah,

your Wii needs to be softmodded to do this.
Softmodded means that I just need to modify the software, so I don't need to do any hardware modifications (modchip), is that it?

One more question...I need to downgrade? Or isn't necessary? And...I'll buy an original game (people say that it won't work with a backup copy)...How can I avoid these updates using an original copy?

Sorry for so many questions...but I need to be sure before buying everything.
wacko.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need hardware, and you don't need to downgrade. Follow any of the soft modding guides and use priiloader 0.4 with the proper hacks.ini file to enable region free games.

Then go into the shop channel with an internet connection, and delete the shop channel account.
Then launch AnyRegionChanger from the Homebrew Channel and the screen that comes up should be pretty straight forward. There is a shop region, and Wii region. You only need to change the shop region.

When that is done, go back to the shop channel and create an account. When you are all the way inside of the shop channel, you should notice that the available downloads are all Japanese! Buy your Wii points (Depending on how many days ticket you want to buy in Joysound... I usually do 30 days at a time since I don't use it very often)

Then load joysound and buy a ticket with your points!

Hope you're good at reading Japanese to navigate around though. You'll need to use the internet to see the whole catalog of music you can stream and write down the song numbers to put in your Wii. Your Wii doesn't download any of the songs either, it just streams them
frown.gif
. Basically Joysound is useless without paying!

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
urherenow said:
You don't need hardware, and you don't need to downgrade. Follow any of the soft modding guides and use priiloader 0.4 with the proper hacks.ini file to enable region free games.

Then go into the shop channel with an internet connection, and delete the shop channel account.
Then launch AnyRegionChanger from the Homebrew Channel and the screen that comes up should be pretty straight forward. There is a shop region, and Wii region. You only need to change the shop region.

When that is done, go back to the shop channel and create an account. When you are all the way inside of the shop channel, you should notice that the available downloads are all Japanese! Buy your Wii points (Depending on how many days ticket you want to buy in Joysound... I usually do 30 days at a time since I don't use it very often)

Then load joysound and buy a ticket with your points!

Hope you're good at reading Japanese to navigate around though. You'll need to use the internet to see the whole catalog of music you can stream and write down the song numbers to put in your Wii. Your Wii doesn't download any of the songs either, it just streams them
frown.gif
. Basically Joysound is useless without paying!
Thanks man!

And about the updates? I'll have some problem with updates in the wii shop and original game after softmodding?
Can I avoid these updates or they are necessary?

GoDLiKe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the double post, but thanks to everyone!

I did everything that you've said here, and was perfect!

I only had to upgrade the shop channel and I used NUSD_v15aBeta.

Well, my joysound DX bundle didn't arrived yet, so I tried to access the songs via a backup copy on HD.

It doesn't worked, I bought the tickets, but when I try to access via Joysound channel, I get the error 201017. I don't know what error code is this (there is so many kanji, I can read only hiragana/katakana and basic kanji).

Does someone tried it with a backup copy on HD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple